• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side stand switch connector location?

Taipan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
My 02 DCT NCX's side stand switch is playing up. The Bike keeps not starting unless I take it off the stand and a couple of time this week it still hasn't started and i've had to disconnect and reconnect the battery. I'm worried its going to die completely before the replacement switch gets here and i'll be stranded! If it does, where is the green loom connector, so i can bodge a bypass? Is it easily accessible or hidden deep behind panels?
TIA

Damaged my kickstand sensor when I was swapping out the kickstand itself. I unplugged the sensor and used a short piece of jumper wire in the plug to complete the connection and taped it up.

So the actual sensor unplugs from the loom? That should make fitting the new one an easier job. Great info, thanks.

At least my 2013 did. Lay down and look under the bike, should be easy to see it all. Just beware of how the sensor comes off. It's a small bolt threaded into a larger bolt or something like that (been 2 years since I did it). I backed out the larger bolt without removing the smaller bolt first, to replace the kickstand, thinking it would all come off, but it didn't......and it crushed the sensor and it quit working. So, if I recall correctly, seems like you just remove the smaller bolt and the sensor comes off. It had a short wire pigtail with plug that plugged into the bike's harness.

Did it again tonight. Just wouldn't start and time was getting tight as I had a Dental appointment. I was getting a bit stressed lol! I'll find where that connector is tomorrow and put a jumper in.

Back