• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sit&Fly / Sit & Fly Seat Cover

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
I ordered a really large size to make sure it would cover the seat but it probably gave me enough to also do the pillion. But evidently even a small size will do the job for just the pilot seat. I think they may all originate from the company, from both Vietnam and Israel.

One eBay connection
Another eBay connection

If you want to get them really fast for slightly more dinars, ProCycle.us also sells them in various sizes.

I ordered mine from the first entry above, One eBay connection in Israel, now it says Vietnam. It took about 8 days to get to me in Vermont. I still haven't put it on but will after just noticing post #6. Zip ties are easy, I was thinking I would have to get a pneumatic staple gun.

Last edited:
-------------I was thinking I would have to get a pneumatic staple gun.----------
that would be way too much
. i used T50 manual when i was reshaping my seat. just right for the job

0b8155c791fb.jpg

I ordered mine from the first entry above, One eBay connection in Israel. It took about 8 days to get to me in Vermont. I still haven't put it on but will after just noticing post #6. Zip ties are easy, I was thinking I would have to get a pneumatic staple gun.
I tried the zip tie method, but couldn't get the seat to bolt back on, so I just stapled it with an electric stapler I boughrt at a garage sale for $5. With staples I was able to trim more of the excess away and the fit was better.

I ordered mine from the first entry above, One eBay connection in Israel, now it says Vietnam. It took about 8 days to get to me in Vermont. I still haven't put it on but will after just noticing post #6. Zip ties are easy, I was thinking I would have to get a pneumatic staple gun.

Im still waiting for mine six weeks later.

I have tried fitting my sit & Fly cover today, and there's just no way I can see how the seat is going to fit. The cover material is adding 9mm all round and it's preventing thr tongue of the seat locating in the hole, and even when I once managed to force it in at some ridicilours angle, I couldn't then get the seat to move forwards so that the bolts could go in at the back - and I have 14mm longer bolts. And then the pillion seat won't engage because the sit&fly material is obstructing it.
Any helpful suggestions would be welcome.
Mike

2016-12-20 11;36;42 by greenboy, on Flickr

Mine went on well the first time with just a little need for pressure at the back to get the stock back bolts to grab the holes. I have the front of the seat raided via what everybody around here calls the Showkey Mod (or something like that), so that maty have made it easier. That and I made sure the area around the tongue was clear enough, and the two points back by the rear bolts were cleared. the fit of is snug to the original form no bunching or pooched-out areas...

I think the raised tongue is the key. I you don't do that then the pressure of that extra 9mm just doesn't allow the wings to go far enough forwards and down for the tongue to engage. I really like the slope of the seat as it comes so I suspect this cover is not going to work for me unless I can perhaps just have a sort of 2/3 cover where the front 1/3 is missing. Will try cutting it some more and report back
Mike

Greenboy:
I can't tell from the picture, but on which side is the washer part of the hollow metal attachment sleeve going through the rubber washers at your seat's rear attachment points? Both my original and replacement stockers had the washer on the inside. I don't know if that makes a big difference but my bolts weren't all that tough to get back on, even with a pretty fat Seat Concepts conversion on the original pan.

Last edited:
gotta laugh when someone says you are "paying a premium" for a product that costs typically between $20 and $30 shipped, a product that neatly solves a problem that nobody else up to that point ever really addressed (though that's a still more convincing line for the motorcycles that don't require any cutting, stapling or zip-tieing). at the time i bought my first cover nobody else had anything remotely similar.

but perhaps this is physically the same mesh and perhaps it is not. buy each and find out. it's possible it is and now that someone else has developed the concept others are seeing the possibilities. i can't see how the raw material could be that cheap though, and their photos at least make it look like a less thick/dense version, though that could just be their lighting and background.

Thanks for your opinion on the fabric. I highly doubt that the person in Israel is actually manufacturing the fabric but rather thought of, as you said, an idea for the fabric that no-one else had before.

When I said "premium", I did not mean to say that $20 is a prohibitive amount of money... however, $20 is $20. Combine that with the shipping being (listed as) quicker.

If I was buying a Sit'n'fly that was tailored and custom fit to a certain seat I would jump on their product as there is a following on the net for them for specific bikes. However, since the fabric is being cut and hacked together for the NC's seat I am now looking at the fabric alone.

A rider local to me has a Sit'n'Fly, so I think I will order the "knock off" and compare them. I will report back for those that are interested in spending $6 rather than $26.

I can't compare the original to the knock off because I've never owned a brand sit-n-fly seat cover the knock off I paid $5 with an additional $2 for shipping had worked great. I agree if I could have gotten a cover that fit out of the box it would be worth it, I had to chop mine up and work with it to make it fit

I just ordered a seat cover like this from China. Paid just more than $10 for a biggish cover which still needs to be cut and modified to suit my '700X. Smaller covers are available for less than $10.00, including shipment costs. The one I ordered is made from polyester, and called "3D Air mesh". Just Google it, I think the Sit & Fly covers are exactly the same..

It'd be great to hear about actual uncompressed thickness of the 3D mesh, and for that matter whether it is of the same "weight". I'd want something of equal durability and squish that Sit & Fly uses because I know that handles constant use even in dirt bike conditions without degrading. Maybe I'll get around to ordering some of this myself so I can compare the two a bit later... I do have a seat that needs to be done up...

It'd be great to hear about actual uncompressed thickness of the 3D mesh, and for that matter whether it is of the same "weight". I'd want something of equal durability and squish that Sit & Fly uses because I know that handles constant use even in dirt bike conditions without degrading. Maybe I'll get around to ordering some of this myself so I can compare the two a bit later... I do have a seat that needs to be done up...

If you want to wait (shipping is estimated at 2-4 weeks), I can tell you a comparison between this ebay 3D mesh stuff -vs- Sit 'n Fly® brand

If you want to wait (shipping is estimated at 2-4 weeks), I can tell you a comparison between this ebay 3D mesh stuff -vs- Sit 'n Fly® brand
Check geek if your willing to wait weeks
That's where I got mine for $7 delivered

Follow up report - Part 1

I finally got my knock-off $5 Sit N Fly and put it on my seat. I will compare it to the actual Sit N Fly when I next see someone I know that has it and give a Part 2.

I put it on using a bunch of Zip Ties and it was too bulky and bunched up. I have the seat slope mod installed so I have to make room for the furniture feet. When I put it on originally it was bunched up, and it was not easy to get the bolts back in.

I took it off and sewed it all using thick plastic thread and removed the zip ties as I went around. Now it goes on the bike like it isn't even on there.

tgoWzb9.jpg

tId1Z21.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone try to cut a large size up and do the both the main seat and pillion? I'd like to see pics of that

I don't know if the rear seat would be able to lock back down - it takes a bit of a squeeze with just the single layer of the front seat cover. Order the biggest size available and see if it works... if not, cut it off.

Almost two and a half months later, and I have'nt received the mesh from China yet. The supplier's responce to my latest (3rd) enquiry was short and sweet - "Transaction completed".

My responce was also short and sweet - "What do you mean ? I haven't received my order yet !"

Back