• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SkeneDesign Photon Blasters/P3 on 2015 NC750XA

peergum

Reaction score
r-atw.com
So, I spent my week-end installing the SkeneDesign Photon Blasters (front) and P3 (rear) on Asteria (my NC). Took me much longer than I thought for the following reasons:
  • It was the first time I removed most of the left fairings
  • I didn't have the accessory harness and relay set
  • I looked into the Service Manual - glad I bought that!! - for all the possibilities I could wire the kits to, and the color of the respective wires
  • Even with the manual, I initially wired wrong: to the permanent brake/turn signal lines instead of the one that is used when braking/turning - doh!
  • I drew a wire from the horn to the back of the bike to wire the +12 switch of the P3 kit, to realize later I could have used the permanent light from the tail light - doh, again...

So if you plan to install these this is my take:
  • Get the accessory kit or at least the relay, so that you can use the Option A and/or Option B connectors
  • If you don't want to do that, just get the +12 (switched) from either the left turn signal's permanent light (orange wire, from memory) for the front controller, or from the tail light's permanent connection. The ktis use at the most 0.35A - according to the manual - so that should work perfectly
  • Be certain your battery is fully charged before starting so you can test your wirings - mine was partially drawn (drawn by my GPS tracker) and at some point I had to use a jump start

Anyways, here is a short video, showing the result:
[video=youtube;qWS8XQp41zY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWS8XQp41zY[/video]

To conclude, totally worth the investment, just wondering if the police will like the conspicuity mode and brake flashing pattern...

Last edited:
Just a quick add. After more than 12000 miles later, mostly in the states, I can say that the Police has no issue at all with these lights. Not been stopped once. And I'm certainly it kept people at a reasonable distance from the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the followup. The lights do look good. Electrical problems a number of months after an install have always been a problem for me.

I've installed Skene P3 and Photon Blasters on several BMW "F" bikes that I have owned. They're excellent. Never had any problems with them. I came across this wiring diagram for our NC bikes that maight come in handy (attached)

Attachments

• NC750_WiringDiagram.jpg
    NC750_WiringDiagram.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 69
I've installed Skene P3 and Photon Blasters on several BMW "F" bikes that I have owned. They're excellent. Never had any problems with them. I came across this wiring diagram for our NC bikes that maight come in handy (attached)
Is that for real? That almost looks like a joke and it certainly makes my head spin.

By the way, I also have the Skene tail lights and the dumb@$$ at the dealer where I bought them (see one of my first posts) must of done something wrong, because while when I brake they blink five times and then stay lit, I cannot do the trick of pulling the front brake lever five or seven times and have the tail lights flash like hazards.

By the way, I also have the Skene tail lights and the dumb@$$ at the dealer where I bought them (see one of my first posts) must of done something wrong, because while when I brake they blink five times and then stay lit, I cannot do the trick of pulling the front brake lever five or seven times and have the tail lights flash like hazards.

I just installed the P3's on my 2018 NC750X. They work fine. I tapped into the brake light harness to run them.

To program them:
  1. Turn the key on and hit the brake lever 4 times.
  2. Wait until the brake lights flash by themselves (ready to program).
  3. Hit the brake lever the number of times for the flash sequence you want to program, and wait for it to flash by itself. It is now programmed
    1. I hit 2x and I get 4 flashes and stays on bright. That's the sequence I prefer.
    2. If you want just plain old brake lights, just hit the lever once.
  4. To activate the hazards, I think you have to to the above programming sequence and press 5, 6, or 7 times.

I just installed the P3's on my 2018 NC750X. They work fine. I tapped into the brake light harness to run them.

To program them:
  1. Turn the key on and hit the brake lever 4 times.
  2. Wait until the brake lights flash by themselves (ready to program).
  3. Hit the brake lever the number of times for the flash sequence you want to program, and wait for it to flash by itself. It is now programmed
    1. I hit 2x and I get 4 flashes and stays on bright. That's the sequence I prefer.
    2. If you want just plain old brake lights, just hit the lever once.
  4. To activate the hazards, I think you have to to the above programming sequence and press 5, 6, or 7 times.
I will give that a try!

Back