• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Slip on 'Fuel' Exhaust

AdvSplash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been looking into getting a new exhaust for my NCX, though I do really LOVE the sound of stock so I will probably keep it that way for now.

I have been thinking about a Leo Vince SBK or a GPR Deeptone but just stumbled on this little beauty, it produces a great note I think so thought I would share it.

I also worry about the clearance of an after market silencer as I don't think there is enough clearance for my Givi E45 Panniers.

Lancaster Hondas Demo NC700X fitted with Fuel Carbon Silencer - YouTube

Cheers

Splash

Fuel are at the budget end of UK made silencers but does not mean they are not ok. Have you checked out SPengineering?

NC700

Last edited:
Found this on SP:

[video=youtube;-R6N5kWLCas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6N5kWLCas[/video]

[video=youtube;jpVJcZIZx9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVJcZIZx9s[/video]

Fuel are at the budget end of UK made silencers but does not mean they are not ok. Have you checked out SPengineering?

NC700

Yes they very much are the 'bottom of the bottom' But everyone has to start some where, though they have been trading sometime and I would get something possibly of better quality, though I do not know what there quality is like. Price isn't a boundary in my decision, I just liked the note they gave, budget or not.

Is it me or do some of the NC exhaust options just provide complete overkill?

Same with Ixil, they used to be majorly cheap like fuel but now they have increased their pricing and they are still selling... they used to be budget but now they are probably viewed a little differently because their pricing has increased... very clever how we associate higher prices with 'better' brands / quality, but of course that isn't always the case. :)

I looked at SP but not my cuppa tea as so to speak!

I really actually like the 'stealthness' of the NC, the amount of people that look around when they hear a slight noise coming and you're the only one around, and when you start it up, pocket rocket riders laugh then they see it pull away...I do like the Leo Vince, though I think it'll hit my panniers due to the increased height.

Hi, I have fitted a Leo Vince SBK.
To be honest I would stick with the standard exhaust.
It's stainless steel, short and fat, and sounds good.
If you do want a can, try Genial Motor on eBay.
For best price and fast delivery.
Otherwise,
Stick with the standard can and use the cash for around 2700 miles.

Well Fuel exhausts do come with a life time warranty, so they must be pretty reasonable quality or they wouldn't offer that sort of guarantee.
Also they're a small family company with low overheads, so that may be partly the reason their silencers are good value. I just wish they would do a few more different styles. The company is just up the road from me.

I would say Fuel are on par with CCC who used to make cans a while back. I had one for 6 years with no issues, a CCC that is. However as Wozza pointed out fuel offer a very limited range. It on a budget though you can not go wrong.
I sent my Ixil back as was not happy with the finish in relation to price though looks real good. Beowulf though had the choice and quality I was looking for as well as sound so was happy to pay their prices which I consider fair
Tony

Yeah I will agree, the 'Fuel' designs strike me as an extremely 'old' style which is also something to consider and I think it would ruin the 'New Concept' look of the NC.

Never heard of CCC although, I have only been riding for 3 years and before that I had no interest...:)

I find a lot of the after market parts don't really compliment the NC but make it look a little ugly?

CCC where Carbon Can Co but not seen em around for a few years now.

Looks are a subjective thing, I like the look of my stainless oval Beowulf with the carbon end bit as I think it looks real good against my black bike. I am sure there are others out there who do not agree with me but hey you only have yourself that needs to be pleased, so get what ever does it for you.

Back