• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Slippery Pilot Road 4

As 670cc says.

For some reason I am now told by my dealer that the rear PR 4 is not available for the foreseeable future with a PR3 being substituted. That tyre is too sporty for the type of roads that I ride so I am going to give Dunlops a try instead.

I am wondering about the lack of availability of the PR4's for this bike and perhaps it is something to do with them being prone to punctures. On my X-Adv the last three PR4's have punctured, one of them being pierced three times. The current one also has a plug in it.
Funny you mentioned punctures on the PR4. There was a forum member here, who long ago got a puncture on a rear PR4 that had only about 100 miles on it since new. That person refused to ride on it anymore, so I bought it, put and internal patch/plug in it, and rode on it until the thread wore out.

I ride on a lot of sandy asphalt. Avon Trailriders are working well for me. They are a 90% street tire with dual compound in the rear tire for good wear life.

https://www.avontyres.com/en-gb/tyres/trailrider
How is the tread later in the tire’s life? Does the rear tire get a stepped profile at the dual compound interface, or does it maintain a nice rounded cross section?

Back