• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pillows12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I seem to have a verry slow oil leak on my 2012 NC700X. The thing is, there is no puddle to speak of under the bike.

The oil only visible on the bottomside of the engine case.

It seems to therefore only leak when the bike is running?
Also the leak seems to be veeeery slow because the oil level is not decreasing significantly.

I know that this is is older bike and that therefore the seals may be dried, but am wondering if there is any input on this. Should I fix asap or can I ride and fix when convenient?
Cheers!

You should locate the source of the leak. Clean off the area where oil is appearing and observe where it appears the next time you run the bike. Leaks are better addressed sooner rather than later

I have found that the clutch filter cover on my 750 can leak is the oring gets old.

There are leaks, seeps, and weeps in descending order. A little oil goes a long way on a hot engine. The O-ring on the oil filter that seals the filter against the engine is a likely seeper or weeper as is the O-ring that seals the DCT filter compartment. These will only let oil escape when the engine is running. Another seal to examine is the one around the shift lever on manual bikes.

Sometimes excess chain lube runs out of the countershaft sprocket area and people mistake it for an engine oil
leak. As recommended in post #3, the first thing to do is locate the source of the leak.

Back