• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Smokies last weekend of Sept.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be riding in the Smokies, BRP, Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway area from about September 25 thru the end of the month. I will be on a yellow GL1800, but I'll be on the watch out for NC700s. If you think you'll be around, let me know. We just might meet up!

I will be riding in the Smokies, BRP, Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway area from about September 25 thru the end of the month. I will be on a yellow GL1800, but I'll be on the watch out for NC700s. If you think you'll be around, let me know. We just might meet up!

I will be staying at Blueridge Motorcycle Campground Thursday to Monday that weekend. One other NC and a couple CTXs will be there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm riding the DR up that way Oct. 2. Will be riding around hot springs Roan Mtn. Etc. Check out Joe Brown highway or Ellijay Rd. Watch for gravel on Wayah rd.

Instead of the"wish you were here" I'm all
"Wish I was there!" Too much going on in my personal life to take off right now.....so sad

I'm here at the Blueridge Campground in a cabin now. The weather is great (after Florida) and the riding is super. I got on the BRP this morning and went down to Cherokee, NC and then came back up via Waynesville on Rt 19. The turns are covered with loose gravel and wet leaves on Rt 276 and Rt 215 - ride safe. The problem is, the HD and Beemer guys won't talk to me here at the campground since I ride a little Honda "scooter".

Rich

I'm here at the Blueridge Campground in a cabin now. The weather is great (after Florida) and the riding is super. I got on the BRP this morning and went down to Cherokee, NC and then came back up via Waynesville on Rt 19. The turns are covered with loose gravel and wet leaves on Rt 276 and Rt 215 - ride safe. The problem is, the HD and Beemer guys won't talk to me here at the campground since I ride a little Honda "scooter".

Rich

Around what BRP mile marker is the Blue Ridge Campground? I may not be going that far north but I could change my plans.

We'll have a motorhome and the bike. Are motorhomes allowed there?

EDIT: I found the info on the a Web. Oh well, we will be close by, anyhow.

Last edited:
Greg,

The BRMC is about 8 miles north of the BRP on Rt 276 at MP412.2. They have a motorcycles only policy in the campground, but they have a large parking lot for all other vehicles. I'm sure you could leave your MH there.

Rich

I will be staying at Blueridge Motorcycle Campground Thursday to Monday that weekend. One other NC and a couple CTXs will be there too.

Well alrighty then! We just might be able to meet up! You mean you're arriving the 26th?

I will be arriving Monday the 29th and staying through the next weekend. Not sure if I'm going to be able to bring the bike, but will try. Our cabin is just outside of Maggie Valley off of 276 just south of I40. Even if I cage it, I'd certainly like to meet some of you. Hope the weather is good!

We will be right near you at Creekwood Farm RV Park on 276 just off I40. Arriving 9/24 late, and staying for 5-6 days. As I said, the wife and I will be on the yellow Goldwing.

The cabin is down Hemphill, so yes, you will be very close. I'm going to lobby for bringing the bike, but since we're carrying the kids and dog, my wife isn't going to like solo driving in the van. Wish me luck. I'll PM you my cellphone number.

670CC, sorry we didn't work it out to meet up during the weekend. I had a pretty full schedule with the group I was riding with.

It was an awesome weekend for weather and good riding. Did 981 miles by the time I got home. 250 miles up and down US 441 getting to and from the mountains and 530 miles of mountain twisty fun. Did ride with 2 other NCs and saw a third. Also rode with a CTX.

670CC, sorry we didn't work it out to meet up during the weekend. I had a pretty full schedule with the group I was riding with.

It was an awesome weekend for weather and good riding. Did 981 miles by the time I got home. 250 miles up and down US 441 getting to and from the mountains and 530 miles of mountain twisty fun. Did ride with 2 other NCs and saw a third. Also rode with a CTX.

Quite alright, Fuzzy, I'm glad you had a good ride. I figured your group would stay busy. We've ridden at least 700 miles in the hills here with more yet to come. Saturday was beautiful up on the Parkway. Stupid me, I discovered too late that there was a GWRRA Goldwing rally right in Cherokee. I suspected such as there was an inordinate number of Goldwings around. As for NC700s, the only one I've seen was yours.

Still hoping to catch up with docwells7.

You missed the red NC in the middle of the group I was riding sweep for. That was Strick.

I was mesmerized by all those odd (but cute :eek:) three wheel scooters . . .

I was mesmerized by all those odd (but cute :eek:) three wheel scooters . . .
They are cute. I put 90,000+ miles on MP3. Thing is that extra front wheel gives extra traction in a curve and few bikes/riders can hang with them on twisty roads. Top speed in the 90s. They are a lot of fun but high maintenance and dealers are getting scarce. Piaggio hasn't brought any new ones to U.S. since 2010 model year. There would have been one more but a guy blew a head gasket on the way up from Florida. One was ridden up from Tampa and another down from Chicago.

I am off that weekend and this could be tempting. I love the area and ride it/ travel to it often. I have to wait to see how my schedule pans out as this is a little far in advance. I would love to meet some of you up there and have a good riding weekend, I am long overdue. Hope to see ya'll soon.

Back