• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So How Do Dealerships Operate?

How could I forget!? I really wanted to get some photos with a real camera (not my cell phone) but I do have one cell phone photo when it was sitting in the shop at the dealership. I have to think of a good location for some better photos.

View attachment 17764

CONGRATS and JOB WELL DONE!!! :) Your patience will be greatly rewarded. You will "LOVE" this bike and what it all has to offer.

I like that on the 2014s that they "Blacked Out" the engine. I would have perferred that on mine, but "Silver" was the best color for me.

If you follow all the advise that I have giving you already. You'll get the "BEST" this bike has to offer you. The next question is, When will you be frakling her about and possibly giving "Her" a name. As you already know mine is "NaNCy".

I saw your posted yesterday, but yesterday was another terrible day this week for me. I wanted to congratulate you then, but $hit Happens...

. I rode my tired 2004 Honda Shadow Aero up to Indiana and rode back on what feels like a cross between a sewing machine and a jet! Love it! With about 30 days between the order and the delivery I had some time to get some accessories in from around the country so I spent some time installing a center stand and a battery tender cable. I have the tall windshield sitting on my dining room table but chose not to install it yet to see what the stock windscreen is like. I did raise the stock windscreen though. After that mild episode of farkeling, I took it out on the highway where it promptly began to rain. Got back home and had to spend some time wiping that nasty rain off. :D

That was my first impression too of the engine when I saw my first NC700X on heard it run, a "Signer Sewing Machine", LOL!!! :)

Here is one thing to consider..... The motorcycle industry has been in the dumps for several years. There are less dealers now than ever, you probably know of some that have closed up near you. For those still going, it hasn't been easy. Inventory reduction, employee reduction and if you're a single line dealer they're already worried about getting through the coming winter. It's especially tough here in the east with a winter like no one can remember and a far less than perfect spring. With soft sales comes weak or inexperienced sales people. The dealers left are dedicated owners.

Here is one thing to consider..... The motorcycle industry has been in the dumps for several years. There are less dealers now than ever, you probably know of some that have closed up near you. For those still going, it hasn't been easy. Inventory reduction, employee reduction and if you're a single line dealer they're already worried about getting through the coming winter. It's especially tough here in the east with a winter like no one can remember and a far less than perfect spring. With soft sales comes weak or inexperienced sales people. The dealers left are dedicated owners.

I have been living in the Little Rock area for just over a year. In that time I've been to my local dealer six times. I recently noticed several of the sales people have changed. There were two guys that seemed very knowledgeable and now they are gone. I'd have to agree with what you statement above and I bet they left due to weak sales therefore small paychecks.

Kgantz-how you liking the bike so far? I know there has been a lot of rain lately, you been doing any riding?
I got back from my 2752 mile bike trip last Saturday (long day, 785 miles in 13 hours, and 4 minutes) and commute on the Interstate so haven had a chance to look for a Nc700xd.
Really want to check out that xd transmission.

davidc83, you will "LOVE IT". It take a little getting used to. NaNCy is a DCT Model and I really love her. I went with the DCT for the fact of the 3 different drive modes, "D-Mode, S-Mode, and MT-Mode". I use all 3 at times.

The DCT "ROCKS" and is a "Blast" to ride. "S-mode" is best suited for "Around Town Use". When in "D-Mode", the ECU wants to "Strong Arm" it into 6 gear and such low speeds to get the Revs down, which is not ideal in city traffic, Lane Splitting, or low speeds. The engine will "Lug" when you open the throttle too fast at low speeds. Manually downshifting it is sometimes temporary and the ECU shifts it back into 6 gear against your wishes.

Also take a look at this thread with my post starting at #5, DCT Questions.

Kgantz-how you liking the bike so far? I know there has been a lot of rain lately, you been doing any riding?
I got back from my 2752 mile bike trip last Saturday (long day, 785 miles in 13 hours, and 4 minutes) and commute on the Interstate so haven had a chance to look for a Nc700xd.

Yes, so far I love it. It has not really been the weather that has held me back but my inability to carry much stuff until I start adding luggage space. Still, I'm at about 300 miles so I'm half-way to the first service. I just got the factory rack installed today and the rear trunk should be here tomorrow. Depending on how my experimental red PlastiKote goes on it, I may have to get the Honda side luggage as well. I will be able to use it a lot more for work once I get the storage space.

Yes, so far I love it. It has not really been the weather that has held me back but my inability to carry much stuff until I start adding luggage space. Still, I'm at about 300 miles so I'm half-way to the first service. I just got the factory rack installed today and the rear trunk should be here tomorrow. Depending on how my experimental red PlastiKote goes on it, I may have to get the Honda side luggage as well. I will be able to use it a lot more for work once I get the storage space.

That's great news. I truly think that you will not need the saddlebags.

IMG_2799.jpg

I am able to fit my tank bag filled with all my riding gear (gloves, bungee cords, tie down straps, etc...), my lunch bag and a motorcycle cover all in the rear trunk. I think that both the Frunk and Trunk will be plenty enough space for you to work with.

It's all about what makes things easier. I elected to have the saddle bags. I'm glad I have them and keep them on the bike at all times. The left side holds a can of chain lube, a rag, and a first aid kit. The right side holds my suit bottoms when off the bike. The trunk holds my helmet, jacket, and a couple pair of gloves. That how I roll. You may come up with a different setup. I'd run out of space without the saddlebags. Keep in mind the bike is my primary transportation. My jeep only gets driven on the weekends and not much then.

Kgantz, if you see my setup, my sidebags can carry a lot, but I only use them to carry some tools, a portable air compressor, and rain suit. I use my rear trunk (41 L) to carry more stuff. This is the setup I used for my 2752 mile trip last week. I did add a backpack to the rear trunk to carry a pair of tennis shoes and dirty laundry, on the trip, in a sport bag I placed in the rear trunk, I had a laptop, 3 pairs of jeans, 7 t-shirts, 7 pair of underwear, and 7 pairs of socks, and still had room. Yesterday, I rode with my buddy to bass pro shop. He purchased a pair of tennis shoes, a browning 9M pistol, an extra holster, 2 100rd boxes of 9m ammo, and I placed all of this in the rear trunk, including the boxes the items came in, with room to spare.

If you see a red Nc700x with a guy wearing a hiviz yellow helmet, that is me :)

Hi, I feel your pain. I'm in Louisville, too. What is up with motorcycle dealerships in Louisville closing on Monday and having banker's hours the rest of the week. Very inconvenient. I don't expect good service at any dealership, car or motorcycle. So when I do receive good service I'm surprised. You have that compounded by Derby week. It seems hard to get anything done Derby week. I've had very good luck with that Honda only dealership. Just don't expect them to be open.

Back