• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So it's true

If you say so…. All I can find is the stated spec above in multiple locations and by multiple authors at 127hp but I don’t have any interest in a contest…..or to hijack this thread …..so I will bow out.

I hope the new 1100 meets expectations. Looks like a nice bike.
It's no big deal or contest, I'm using rear wheel hp and you are looking up claimed or crankshaft hp. FWIW Honda claimed 125 hp for the ST1300 and it put about 108-110 hp to the rear wheel.

If you’ve sat on or ridden the AT you know it feels much more than 50 lbs heavier than the NC. The traditional placement of the gas tank and mass of the fairing raise the CG significantly.
I stood next to a new Africa Twin the other day at the shop. That thing is HUGE. The seat was above my waist. No way can I ride that. My legs would dangle in the air on both sides lol. I didn't even bother to try sitting on it.

The reason I said 50 pounds is my NC DCT is listed at 498 and the new NT at 547 or thereabouts for the DCT so about 50 pounds difference, but I'll bet the NT is going to feel like a whole lot more. Like you said conventional tank and like I said tall motor. I'm betting the seat height is going to be over 33".

I stood next to a new Africa Twin the other day at the shop. That thing is HUGE.
I agree. I have no problem on it with my long legs, however, it just seemed unnecessarily large. Mainly the long off-road suspension, 21" wheel, and much more radiator needed to cool the more powerful motor.

Back