• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So it's true

If you look closely you can see it's the rumored NT 1100. Africa Twin based sport tourer. Std and DCT trans. 101 hp 77 ft lbs torque. Should be a fun ride

0VhJXfph.jpg

It won't be as heavy as that by some 250 pounds at least, but nowhere as smooth or fast (Nice bike btw)

Last edited:
If you look closely you can see it's the rumored NT 1100. Africa Twin based sport tourer. Std and DCT trans. 101 hp 77 ft lbs torque. Should be a fun ride

0VhJXfph.jpg
No frunk? Excuse me Honda but you have committed a grave error

I've learned from Dduellin that I should not get my hopes up for this to arrive on US soil next year. I'll stay optimistic. Some health issues with my wife have put my motorcycle search on hold until next year so I might as well explore every option that becomes available.

The renderings sure make it seem like it will be a really good-looking bike.

I've learned from Dduellin that I should not get my hopes up for this to arrive on US soil next year. I'll stay optimistic. Some health issues with my wife have put my motorcycle search on hold until next year so I might as well explore every option that becomes available.

The renderings sure make it seem like it will be a really good-looking bike.
Still would be a nice surprise just as the 2021 NC750X came to be.

Personally I would welcome the horsepower and torque more than I would miss the frunk. I don't seem to use the frunk as much as you other guys. Can always use a tank bag and tail pack to carry stuff.

However being a munchkin, everything is going to depend on seat height. If it's under 31 1/2" I'm good, if it's over I'm not. Also weight. If it's 550 pounds or more I'm probably not interested. I do enjoy the light weight of the NC 750 very much.

Personally I would welcome the horsepower and torque more than I would miss the frunk. I don't seem to use the frunk as much as you other guys. Can always use a tank bag and tail pack to carry stuff.

However being a munchkin, everything is going to depend on seat height. If it's under 31 1/2" I'm good, if it's over I'm not. Also weight. If it's 550 pounds or more I'm probably not interested. I do enjoy the light weight of the NC 750 very much.
547 pounds for the automatic version, according to this article. However, I wouldn't bet on the accuracy of that article, since the author displays ignorance of the product, calling the DCT a semi-auto gearbox.

As for the NT1100, it's a nice option for somebody, but it has no place in my motorcycle fleet. Given the relatively low sales numbers of past Honda sport tourers, I'd wonder how long the model will survive in the USA. Honda was probably wise to save money and build a new sport tourer from an already existing platform, rather than building one from scratch.

The video calls it the new touring era. The PC800, NT700V, ST1100, ST1300, and all Goldwing touring bikes are/were shaft drive. Does that mean, for Honda, we now enter the new touring era of chain maintenance?

The only thing I see going for this NT1100 is the option of DCT.
Otherwise, it's just another sport/tourer with the emphasis on what, touring or sport?
Honda already laid a goose egg in the N. American market with the 1100 Rebel.

I'm not crazy about the 1100 Unicam engine.
It uses a combination of shim (intake) and rocker arm (exhaust) valve actuation.

On the Africa Twin, the 1100 requires many hours of labour to do a valve inspection.
The fairing, radiators, and fuel tank have to come off before even getting to the cylinder head cover.
The inspection interval was shortened to 16k miles for the Unicam engine.
At least on the newest version of the Goldwing with Unicam engine the cylinder heads are very easy to get to.
But not on this 1100 engine.

If you want to see exactly what's involved in a shim change on this engine, here's a great video:

Last edited:
I'm always surprised to find that my average riding speed (as tracked by GPS) on back roads is higher on my NC750X than on my GoldWing DCT or Heritage Softail that have twice as much power.
Probably because they weigh 300 pounds more.

The NC only feels a little lacking in passing ability. It is not a problem, and almost never makes me wait for a passing opportunity.

That's because with with so little power you can thrash it everywhere and not worry about losing your licence or jail time. Small (power) bikes are great for that.
I was pointing out that my NC is actually being ridden quicker than my other bikes. I seem to be pushing 20 mph over the speed limit often and 20+ or more over the corner speed markers. It is not a slow bike at all.

Back