• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks José! :)
Some claims it to be the best bike in the world. Maybe it is, but after a test ride I was sold... :)

Don't worry my friend, I would be sold too if I had the money and were a little bit taller. The first could be solved, but the second is much more difficult :)

Enjoy it, and please keep visiting us from time to time

FYI...
Us Ambulance Divers, Medics, Firefighters, Police, and other "Emergency" workers can LEGALLY drive and use our cell phones/pc's. Oh... We can also run red lights, drive on the wrong side of the road, and go waaaay over the speed limit... and the double yellow carpool lines do not exist for us....

These are just a few of the benefits given to you when your job requires you to wear body fluids that don't belong to you....
And I also get free coffee at 7-11....lol

Driving distracted is dangerous to other people and shouldn't be done period. When I see this type of driving, I get as far away from them as I can.

THANK YOU !! ... We appreciate that GREATLY !!... everyone should take a lesson.... see us coming, get out of the way!!! ...lol.. joking

Seriously though. There are always the exceptions, but to be allocated by the DOT and then be Hired/employed/insured to drive an emergency vehicle, you need a pretty impeccable driving record to begin with.

I'd be more concerned about the guy with 6 points on his license, shoving a drippy cheeseburger in his mouth, opening ketchup packets with his teeth, radio blasting, and trying to keep his Jumbo Dr. Pepper from spilling in his lap...

Not to mention, besides having dispatch radios, cell phones, PC's, and paperwork, we have patients in the back DYING/bleeding out/crying/vomiting/spiting/biting/screaming/going into cardiac arrest/or trying to simply break out of restraints and jump out on the freeway....

I'm sure if you compared emergency vehicle wrecks to every other vehicle on the road, the statistics would be different. And you must compare it with time spent on the road. I'm doing 12-24 hour shift on the road, while JimBob just drives 10 minutes to the office and back... obviously there is less of a chance for JimBob to crash....

Also, our job puts us at more risk for accidents than the average drivers. Part of our job is running red lights, and heading into dangerous and chaotic scenes. So the guy having a heart attack gets to the hospital with those 20 seconds to spare. 20 seconds that kept him alive instead of dead. And statistically, I'm sure many more people are saved by critical information being radioed/called in/computer messaged, than have been hurt by it.

So ya... we can do it....

There are always the idiots that slip through, and just unfortunate accidents and circumstances that occur; however we are trained to drive in distracting/emergency situations.... It's part of the territory... Sometimes, it helps save lives.... And that's probably why it's written into the California Vehicle Driving code.

Last edited:
Ride what you like SuperMek! As long as you keep riding!! Enjoy that new ride, it is a thing of beauty to behold.

My New World Order stickers...

Think '1984'...

20130619_180544-M.jpg

20130619_180601-M.jpg

My New World Order stickers...

Think '1984'...

20130619_180544-M.jpg

View attachment 5431

:eek:

Ok, so *I* think 1984, but....

Once, back in the late 70's, my sis and I were driving all through Los Angeles in her truck, a beautiful shiny black 1976 Chevy Stepside with a big "Black Magic" sunvisor banner across the top of the windshield. (hey, it was the 70's, and my sister was into Santana, and thus the truck got named...)

Our family owned a Truck Stop and restaurant at the time. We loved the big rigs. I was wearing one of my favourite T-shirts, advertizing a certain brand of Semi: White Western Star. The shirt's entire logo consisted of a giant WHITE name, blazoned across the chest, and a star over top of it.

We drove *all* through LA, not having a clue about one area from another. Why would we? We were on a shoestring budget, so the cheaper the food, the cheaper the places to go/stay were the obvious choices for us to go sightseeing.

Trip was awesome, had a blast, loved every minute of it, never heard an unkind word or met anything less than stellar friendly people of all kinds.

Looking back years later, we realized everyone must have known we were just poor clueless canucks who had no idea or preconceptions of what constituted questionable banners or T-shirts, in the areas we hung out in, lol.

Infer from that babbling what you will, heehee. I make no judgements, just sayin... :eek:

I hope it doesn't offend, but no offense was intended.
I have a buddy on ADV that rides old bikes (Knuckleheads, Panheads, Indians) around the world. He's an ex-New Yorker that resides in Alabama. He rode into Iraq wearing an 'Infidel' t-shirt and a retro US helmet (this was around '2008). He also rode through Russia with a suicide shifter with a knob that was the bust of Lenin. That kind of stuff cracks me up.

Just sayin':cool:

I'll try to get him to send me a picture...here's a picture of one of his 'Wrong Way Round' bikes...

P1000554.jpg

I have a buddy on ADV that rides old bikes (Knuckleheads, Panheads, Indians) around the world. He's an ex-New Yorker that resides in Alabama. He rode into Iraq wearing an 'Infidel' t-shirt and a retro US helmet (this was around '2008). He also rode through Russia with a suicide shifter with a knob that was the bust of Lenin. That kind of stuff cracks me up.

I'll try to get him to send me a picture...here's a picture of one of his 'Wrong Way Round' bikes...

P1000554.jpg

Some of my very fav ADV threads all belong to rtwdoug! I follow them with absolute enjoyment, a stand up biker if there ever was one. :cool: :D

Some of my very fav ADV threads all belong to rtwdoug! I follow them with absolute enjoyment, a stand up biker if there ever was one. :cool: :D
I met Doug when he rode his 28 scout in the Cannonball last fall with my son on his 29 scout. He is quite the guy. That is my son on the Cannonball in my avatar. Some of Doug's best ADV Cannonball blog are the ride home after.

P1000554.jpg

Here is the ride report if you have a few days to kill....
Can a Harley make it to Magadan? - ADVrider

I've installed the Beowulf slip on - NICE! (Amazing... delivery from UK is quicker than from mid-states US :))
Changed first oil - some very small shavings were there. Clutch filter as well. 400 miles hard riding from 0 miles.
Serviced the chain (cleaned and lubed), tension adjustment coming up soon.
Adjusted (lowered) a rear brake pedal a bit, while the pipe was off.
Installed the fork Protectors (the ones for Triumph).
Nuff for one day :)

I went out for a nice afternoon ride. It was awesome! 200 miles plus or minus. For the most part, weather was great. Had to re-route when I saw some pretty evil looking cloud formations, but had a great time none-the-less. Still love the NCx...

Well this was a while back.. but I never posted so here ya go.... Loobman Chain oiler. LoobMan Motorcycle Chain Oiler Loobman chain-oiler - Home page

Loobman1.jpg
The delivery head. Oil runs down the two plastic cable tie ends to the sprocket feeding oil to both sides of the sprocket where it slides into the o-rings of the chain on both sides of the chain.
loobman2.jpgloobman3.jpg

Loobman re-designed the bottle so now it has a spring loaded plunger. It will not feed oil until you press down on the button on the top which releases the plunger to open the path for the oil to flow into the tube.

They suggest a 2 second hold of the button every 200 miles. I've been doing 1 second every 100 miles to decrease the chance of excess oil.

I have used the prior version for years on my VFR and I have been very happy with it. This new version is even better with the plunger.

Attachments

• loobman.jpg
    loobman.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back