• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Soft luggage?

I am looking for some soft luggage options for ,y wife’s 2021 750X DCT. We plan on taking some trips soon and I would l like to outfit her big but want soft bags. Does anyone have any suggestions and pics? I don’t want a top box right now just side cases that work and can easily be removed. I love the SHAD system but it looks like they cover the pillion seat so that is a deal breaker.
I'm back lurking on this forum again...so here goes...

I rode with soft bags across the country on the NC. I settled on the following as saddlebags...
(sorry for the long link! 22" Everest Bag..search for that.) I believe there is just enough room for the saddle bag treatment and the Pillion's legs... not sure about that... but the bags are only $25 each, so you can experiment. The bags aren't waterproof, but you should carry all the stuff in them in large trash bags anyway.

I also fashioned supports for these, and you can see a picture if you search for "strattuner bags" and go WAY back in time on this board.

I'm back lurking on this forum again...so here goes...

I rode with soft bags across the country on the NC. I settled on the following as saddlebags...
(sorry for the long link! 22" Everest Bag..search for that.) I believe there is just enough room for the saddle bag treatment and the Pillion's legs... not sure about that... but the bags are only $25 each, so you can experiment. The bags aren't waterproof, but you should carry all the stuff in them in large trash bags anyway.

I also fashioned supports for these, and you can see a picture if you search for "strattuner bags" and go WAY back in time on this board.

Welcome back, StratTuner!

2023 NC750X DCT. I made custom racks that keep the bags off the rear tire. Went to hardware store and bought 3/4" flat steel, a few bends and a couple welds and it was done for $30. mounted to the licence plate bracket and the muffler attachment on the right and passenger peg mount on the left. The expandable bags I bought off Amazon and they are awesome!

Attachments

• left bag front holder.jpg
    left bag front holder.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 26
  • right bag.jpg
    right bag.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • right bag rear holder.jpg
    right bag rear holder.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 23
  • right bag front holder.jpg
    right bag front holder.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 26
  • rear bag view.jpg
    rear bag view.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • left bag.jpg
    left bag.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • left bag rear holder.jpg
    left bag rear holder.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Looks like it will work!

Did you make the platform yourself?
Yes, out of a black cutting board, a couple eyebolts to go into the latches, and I needed to use some wooden spacers underneath to get it to sit in the position I wanted. I’ll try to get more pictures sometime when I pull off my bags.

I’ve got a set of GIVI Canyon 35l bags. Nice think about them is you can remove them with a key when heading into a motel. Bad thing is you will needs tubular rack. Trying to sell if you are interested. IMG_1469.jpegIMG_0000.jpeg

Hi All, Sorry for chirping in so late.
I have the Hepco & Becker semi-soft cases on the "C-Bow" support system and they are perfect, albeit a bit pricy.
The best thing is that they dont inferfere neither with the passenger seat (no problem filling up gas) nor with the rear wheel.

Attachments

• NC700 H&B1.jpg
    NC700 H&B1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 18
  • NC700 H&B.jpg
    NC700 H&B.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi All, Sorry for chirping in so late.
I have the Hepco & Becker semi-soft cases on the "C-Bow" support system and they are perfect, albeit a bit pricy.
The best thing is that they dont inferfere neither with the passenger seat (no problem filling up gas) nor with the rear wheel.
They look great, thank you! I will consider them as well.

Back