• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Soft Saddlebag Support Rack

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to mount soft side waterproof saddlebags on my Nc700x and am getting frustrated shopping. What do you Guy’s and Gal’s prefer and why?
Please share links and pictures if you like. I am thinking somethjng like Dry spec, or Nelson Rigg bags, I have not purchased yet, but want to invision the whole package before ordering. Any Help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Willie

We have a set of Wolfman Rocky Mountain bags on my wifes NC700. Ill take some pics tomorrow for you. To mount them i used a set of Givi Monoey PLX hard bag mounts to support them. At some point we plan to buy some Givi hard bags for the bike but for the time being are using the Wolfman bags i already had. Its working great for her so far.

If it were me I would get Dryspec, Mosko Moto or Wolfman over Nelson Rigg, not to dog on NR but i have not had a very good experience with their stuff in the past. I have not found them very well built in comparison to other offerings on the market. I had a set of their enduro bags on my Yamaha and the straps that go over the seat tore away from the bags more than once in less than a year. Replaced those with a set of the smaller Wolfman Expedition dry bags that they don't make any more and have not had a single issue with them, a lot more robust and have taken quite a few dirt naps in the 5 or so years i have had them.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures i promised of the Wolfman/ Givi setup.
i-S978dT6-XL.jpg

i-j5cd7Dn-XL.jpg

i-h4VBh98-XL.jpg

There's an M8 bolt hole available near the passenger footpeg mount so I bought a 1.5 inch aluminum strip and bowed it outward to line things out with the muffler, then ran it back to a small u-bolt attached to my Hepco Becker AluRack. Costs around $11 a side. It follows the line of the frame and the muffler/footpegs support. It doesn't flex or vibrate so I don't mind leaving it on when I'm not carrying saddlebags. For extra insurance, the very affordable Mosko Moto heat shield was installed.

2019-05-03 16;54;11 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Wild Heart dry saddlebags I got for $99 shipped, very stoutly made with semi-solid rubberized wheel well panels and heavy polyester strapping going all the way around. With two or three rolls of the rolltops they provide a healthy 50-liter addition to hauling capacity, and can be cinched at the bottom as well as the top for smaller loads, can even be flattened out when not carrying anything.

I adapted the mounting from the rather standard over-the-seat approach to each bag clipping on separately with ultra-duty polyester straps with strong metal cams. This allows me to quickly mount them to either my Honda NC700X or my Yamaha WR250R, both of which have top cases that make the standard mounting method a PITA. The new mounting system also makes it easy to include my Rotopax and its mount.

2019-05-03 16;50;42 by greenboy, on Flickr

Back