• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Software update on 2013 NC700X DCT

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently heard that there are software updates, even for my 10-year old NC700X DCT?!? :oops:

I bought it in 2017 with 4K miles on it and never did any updates. As of today, it has 38K+ miles. Only thing I did "software related" was resetting it, twice.

I plan to take the bike to the local Honda dealer (even they suck), but I would prefer some info before, please. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Afan

I've got a 2015 DCT and I don't think I've ever heard of a software update. What would they update? the only software I can think of would be the ECU, and it doesn't seem like that would be updated for older bike.

You have a source for the info on software updates?

There was a safety recall for stalling on the 2021's which required updating the ECU by the dealer. I have not had mine done, as I do not have a stalling issue, but may have it done at some point just to be in compliance.

BTW in 2 more days I should turn over 25,000 miles on my 2021 DCT and it has never stalled even when I tried to induce it.

Last edited:
I just recently heard that there are software updates, even for my 10-year old NC700X DCT?!? :oops:

I bought it in 2017 with 4K miles on it and never did any updates. As of today, it has 38K+ miles. Only thing I did "software related" was resetting it, twice.

I plan to take the bike to the local Honda dealer (even they suck), but I would prefer some info before, please. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Afan
Where did you hear this?

I'm sorry. My bad. I didn't read thoroughly. It was about newer, 750 models.

Thanks for replies.

Back