• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sold my 2021

Finklejag

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2022 Yamaha Xmax 300 for winter use since scooters will keep you a little dryer in the rain. Over the last three months I was riding the Xmax more and more and the NC750X was just sitting. The Xmax has a top speed of 87mph, it gets 80mpg, it has a 3.4 gallon tank, and it can hold two full face helmets. It does almost everything the NC does and somethings better. So I put the NC up for sale and I received no bites for a month. Then a person contacted me and test rode it. He called back a week later and bought it. All I got to say is he got the bike for a really good deal. Like others on here have said. The NC isn’t a popular bike and the market is very small. I knew I had to list it for a ”good” price to sell it.

The one thing I didn’t like about the NC was the suspension. It was made by Showa but felt bargain basement. The Xmax with a 15 inch front and 14 inch rear tires rides better then the NC on the same roads I use everyday.

I put my name down for a Transalp when they arrive. I should be #1 at my dealer since I called them before the official announcement was made. But after the announcement, I was disappointed in what Honda did and didn’t do to the new Transalp. I will scoot along with the Xmax until something catches my eye. Thanks for all the help here.

35555B0E-8DF5-4F90-A55C-D83FE8D6540B.jpeg
776FD63A-829E-4F29-9E9B-3C72949F6CFB.jpeg
A8F793C6-5152-4055-9929-46B90808084A.jpeg

Hmm. We have three scooters in the garage and our experience is that their small wheels, short suspension travel, and high rear unsprung weight give the worst rides of all the two wheelers. I‘m glad to hear the Xmax gives you a good ride, better even than the ‘21 NC. Enjoy the Xmax. She looks like a fine machine.

Hmm. We have three scooters in the garage and our experience is that their small wheels, short suspension travel, and high rear unsprung weight give the worst rides of all the two wheelers. I‘m glad to hear the Xmax gives you a good ride, better even than the ‘21 NC. Enjoy the Xmax. She looks like a fine machine.
Absolutely reasonable points to be made. I am almost 100% with @Finklejag regarding the Xmax returning a better ride quality than the NC (stock vs. stock). I've upgraded the suspension on my Xmax because at about >70 MPH the stock suspension starts to show its weakness in managing the unsprung weight; though not to the point of instability by any means. Up to that speed, the Xmax stock suspension setup definitely returns a ride that is stable and more comfortable than the NC. On the Facebook and advrider Xmax forums there are quite a few current and former NC owners who share these sentiments. I am not being contrary to your position at all but rather pointing out that Yamaha did one heck of a job on this machine in case anyone is considering adding one to their stable. The Xmax has 4.3" front and 3.3" rear suspension travel compared to the 21 NC's 4.7" front and rear.

The NC outperforms the Xmax in many other areas.

I bought a 2022 Yamaha Xmax 300 for winter use since scooters will keep you a little dryer in the rain. Over the last three months I was riding the Xmax more and more and the NC750X was just sitting. The Xmax has a top speed of 87mph, it gets 80mpg, it has a 3.4 gallon tank, and it can hold two full face helmets. It does almost everything the NC does and somethings better. So I put the NC up for sale and I received no bites for a month. Then a person contacted me and test rode it. He called back a week later and bought it. All I got to say is he got the bike for a really good deal. Like others on here have said. The NC isn’t a popular bike and the market is very small. I knew I had to list it for a ”good” price to sell it.

The one thing I didn’t like about the NC was the suspension. It was made by Showa but felt bargain basement. The Xmax with a 15 inch front and 14 inch rear tires rides better then the NC on the same roads I use everyday.

I put my name down for a Transalp when they arrive. I should be #1 at my dealer since I called them before the official announcement was made. But after the announcement, I was disappointed in what Honda did and didn’t do to the new Transalp. I will scoot along with the Xmax until something catches my eye. Thanks for all the help here.

View attachment 51052
View attachment 51053
View attachment 51054
The Xmax is a really great bike. It is quickly becoming my favorite. Congratulations!

Absolutely reasonable points to be made. I am almost 100% with @Finklejag regarding the Xmax returning a better ride quality than the NC (stock vs. stock). I've upgraded the suspension on my Xmax because at about >70 MPH the stock suspension starts to show its weakness in managing the unsprung weight; though not to the point of instability by any means. Up to that speed, the Xmax stock suspension setup definitely returns a ride that is stable and more comfortable than the NC. On the Facebook and advrider Xmax forums there are quite a few current and former NC owners who share these sentiments. I am not being contrary to your position at all but rather pointing out that Yamaha did one heck of a job on this machine in case anyone is considering adding one to their stable. The Xmax has 4.3" front and 3.3" rear suspension travel compared to the 21 NC's 4.7" front and rear.

The NC outperforms the Xmax in many other areas.
Excellent. We have a Honda 250 scooter (for sale) and we have two 49cc scooters. It is good to hear that the Xmax is a well refined machine and I will certainly put it at the top of my list if we are in the market for another scooter some day.

My 2012 NC700X has 5.4”F/5.9”R suspension travel, but as you mentioned, Honda shrunk the travel for 2021+ NCX models.

In the Transalp category perhaps have a closer look at the Aprilia Taureg. I rode one and was very impressed. Perhaps also consider the new Suzuki 800 Strom. I too was disappointed with the Transalp spec.

Back