• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Someone to Test Ride My 2018 750X - Stamford CT

GregT

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings All:

I have a 2018 NC750X. Cracked the oil pan and had it replaced. It may be my imagination, but the engine appears to run differently now, and the throttle response seems to lag. If there is someone on this forum within a 2 hour drive of Stamford, Connecticut, who is willing, I'd like to drive overand have him/her test ride my bike to see if it's all in my head. If he/she were willing to let me test ride their NC750 at the same time, that would be great also. (Willing to bring bottle of wine.)

Thanks. Greg T.

Greetings All:

I have a 2018 NC750X. Cracked the oil pan and had it replaced. It may be my imagination, but the engine appears to run differently now, and the throttle response seems to lag. If there is someone on this forum within a 2 hour drive of Stamford, Connecticut, who is willing, I'd like to drive overand have him/her test ride my bike to see if it's all in my head. If he/she were willing to let me test ride their NC750 at the same time, that would be great also. (Willing to bring bottle of wine.)

Thanks. Greg T.
Was the oxygen sensor or the exhaust system damaged in any way when the pan was cracked? Was the exhaust system removed during the pan replacement work? I’m guessing someone else replaced the oil pan and you were perhaps not able to supervise or observe their work. Is the bike’s fuel mileage the same as it was in the past?

A bad or disconnected oxygen sensor will make the bike run differently, and will probably result in worse gas mileage, too.

And it will throw a MIL warning.
Sometimes. My 2002 Goldwing once had a bad 02 sensor. Gas mileage was horrible and the left cylinder bank spark plugs were wet with fuel. No error code. Maybe the NC is or isn’t better at error reporting.

Back