• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Soon to be NC700X owner

DanWill

Reaction score
Visit site
Been wanting one since I first read about them online, once the reviews started coming in I wanted it even more. Been waiting to throw the money down since I'm building a house and all my available funds are going towards that, but yesterday I saw an ad on eBay from a dealer in Arkansas that had a new 2012 model with bags, lightbar, cowls, vents, taller windshield, and a center stand for 7999 out the door. COULDN'T pass that up!!
Now I have to find the time to make a seven hour drive from east Texas to pick it up. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and if anyone has any good suggestions to make a great bike even better, I'm all ears.

Dan

Sounds like a sweet deal. January is a great time to buy!

My advice is to just ride the bike awhile before you start doing mods. Then you will gradually see what would be a great addition to the bike, and what you once thought you needed turns out to be not so important after all.

Congrats.

Yep, that's the place. Funny thing is I live near palestine which has one of the biggest honda dealerships in texas and I can't get anywhere near that same deal there. Oh well, I needed to get away for a while... :)

Russellville Honda is where I got mine. About an hour up I40 from me. You are probably getting the last one from their initial order. Had it on display with most of the goodies on it. My experience with them was good. They get a bit of business from Texas.
I don't think there is any construction on I30 and they haven't started on the construction on I40 in Russellville yet. There is construction in Little Rock on I430 but they have 2 lanes open so no problems and again on I40 around Conway but they have both lanes open so traffic flows well. On the way back, if you have the time I would take hwy7 out of Russellville through Hot Springs Village and Hot Springs (stop at the horse track). It is longer but is a fun route through the foot hills.

Thanks for the trip tips. The bike has more accessories than I would have bought if I had to buy them separately, but I'm sure I'll make do... in fact, thinking about selling off the light bar, never liked the way it looked on the bike, and it doesn't come with the lights anyway, just the bar, which seems odd. Maybe they just added whatever they had in stock. Either way its a great price for all that. I just ordered a usb charger I saw on another thread that I will mount on the dash if possible. Other than that, I'm going to log some serious hours on it soon.
Thanks again,
Dan

Stop by Stoby's Restaurant while you're in Russellville and get some of their cheese dip. You won't regret it.
Russellville is my old stomping grounds when I spent some time locked up at Arkansas Tech University.

Edit -
And stop by Conway while you're headed down route 40 and pick up some more Stoby's when you say "Hi" to Bamamate..

You don't have to actually go to Stoby's anymore. WalMart and Kroger usually carry the cheese dip now around here. When I'm in Russellville I always stop at Feltner's Whatabuger which is about a mile down from the dealership.

Yes...but you can't get the sandwiches at Wal-Mart. And yeah - the Whattaburger...mmmmmm....I'm drooling now. Thanks.
Nothing like a delicious burger the size of a dinner plate...and that's their small.

;)

Congrats on the deal! That's a bit of a hike. I bet you'll have in mind all the changes to make it fit you once you're back home with it, that is if you're riding it back home.

Hoping to ride it back, but that would mean dragging someone else out there. Most likely will pick the bike up with the truck and stare at it for seven hours in the rear view... :)
Whataburger is one of my favorites. I did 23 years in the Navy stationed everywhere except where they had whataburger's and blue bell ice cream.. It was good to get back to Texas!!

Well, I guess you'll have to find some other excuse to ride it once you get home to make up for it. In all honesty, I don't think I would have liked riding mine home that far on the stock seat. It breaks in a bit, but those first hundred miles are a bitch!

It would have certainly broken me in quickly.. :) Guessing it would be quite painful compared to the mustang seat on my old VTX.. Any good seat mods??

A greyhound bus may be an alternative. If you rode it home would you take a longer but scenic route on backroads? I would not want to break in the motor by strictly highway riding...and yes the seat is excruciating to some. Search this forum for that info as there is a LOT of mods and ideas on that subject.

Back