• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Soupy's side stand. problems/issues

BassBob

Reaction score
Visit site
BassBob checking in with an issue with Soupy's side stand. Mine goes "over center" in excess of 90 degrees.
Is this a defective unit? The tension spring falls off. I presume it is! Oh, I have contacted Soupy's.
Any info/advice is greatly appreciated!

I don't quite understand what is going on with yours, but we had one on my wife's NC700x and it broke.

I would recommend you cut/reweld your original stand. If you don't have the tools to do that, a local machine shop should be able to cut/reweld your kickstand in about 15 minute for a modest fee.

BassBob checking in with an issue with Soupy's side stand. Mine goes "over center" in excess of 90 degrees.
Is this a defective unit? The tension spring falls off. I presume it is! Oh, I have contacted Soupy's.
Any info/advice is greatly appreciated!
Think we need a picture to understand the issue ??????

I don't quite understand what is going on with yours, but we had one on my wife's NC700x and it broke.

I would recommend you cut/reweld your original stand. If you don't have the tools to do that, a local machine shop should be able to cut/reweld your kickstand in about 15 minute for a modest fee.
melensdad,
I appreciate your thoughts! I did some fiddling with the Soupys side stand
and all's well. However I'm getting quotes on shorting the factory
side stand..Just in case. The fiddling consisted of getting an M5x25mm Allen head
bolt, and pretty much matching the location where the factory mounting post is welded.
8 pennys later and Bob's your uncle.
Just an fyi, there's some play on the Soupys side stand. But there's play on the factory side stand also.
Be well, ride safe
BassBob

Think we need a picture to understand the issue ??????
PotterOo,
I appreciate your reply! So did some (more) research. The Soupy's side stand
uses the factory stop. (duuh). Did some fiddling with the stand. Bought an M5x25mm
Allen head bolt, matched closely the distance where the factory mounting post
is welded to the side stand.
8 pennies later, and Bob's your uncle! There's a little "clearance" where the side stand mounts,
but the stock side stand has it too...
I'm getting quotes on shorting the factory side stand..just in case..
Thanks again, be well, ride safe!
BassBob

Back