• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Sourcing hardware

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a good/great source for the hardware (nuts and bolts) for the OEM racks and saddlebags? I know I’m missing some, but I’m not sure what yet. I have all mounts and grab rails etc.

I had the OEM setup before I pulled it off for a GIVI setup, now I’m getting ready to sell so I want to go back to OEM and of course I’ve lost a few bolts over the years.

It’sa ‘12 model if that matters.

Honda.

If you’d rather not spend $2 - $6 per bolt, try Fastenal, Fasteners, Inc., Copper State Bolt, or a similar place. I’m not sure they’ll have the specialty fasteners Honda uses in many places, but they might.

The local dealer I bought my bike from sold out, and my fallback local dealer has radically altered their business in recent times. So, I’m back to my former normal Honda shop, Ron Ayers. They’re a dealer on the East coast, and they have excellent prices and reasonable shipping.

https://www.boltdepot.com/

I have used them to get some longer bolts to mount the engine guards. Getting a metric fastener with a fine thread was a bit of a pickle. When I could find them most stores wanted to send me a box. I had to phone them as they showed out of stock. They actually had some but had less than a box so it worked out well for both of us. I was very happy with the service. It is nice to talk with a person in this world of faceless websites. Thanks to beemerphile for his guidance.

I’m not sure if part I’ll
Is there a good/great source for the hardware (nuts and bolts) for the OEM racks and saddlebags? I know I’m missing some, but I’m not sure what yet. I have all mounts and grab rails etc.

I had the OEM setup before I pulled it off for a GIVI setup, now I’m getting ready to sell so I want to go back to OEM and of course I’ve lost a few bolts over the years.

It’sa ‘12 model if that matters.
I have the kit for the 18 that just arrived. I think they are the same? If you need pics of the hardware, just say the word. The only help I can provide on this, though I know it does not address your question

Buy bolts etc off eBay. The threads are Japanese metric fine, on most sizes like M6 or M8 the pitch is 1.25, I think but not sure M10 go to 1.0.

Back