• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

South Dakota Department of Health Reports a Case of COIVD-19 from the Sturgis Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
How Many More Will Come?​

The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has concluded, and now we will see how many riders and attendees contracted COVID-19. The main concern surrounding the rally was the pandemic. A gathering as large as Sturgis is bound to cause issues, and now we’re seeing the beginning of those issues.

According to the Rapid City Journal, the first case of COVID-19 from the rally has been confirmed. Let’s hope it’s the last. However, I doubt we can say that. The person in question was in contact with many other people at the rally, and he visited One-Eyed Jack’s Saloon on Main St. in Sturgis.

While this is just one confirmed case, the implications could be dire. There were hundreds of thousands of people that visited Sturgis. According to RideApart, over 460,000 vehicles entered Sturgis over the course of the gathering. That’s a lot of vehicles and a lot of people. Even if the numbers are off, there’s potential to spread the virus to a lot of riders and other people across South Dakota and other states. Those riders didn’t stay in Sturgis, so that means they’re traveling around the country now.

I get why folks wanted to go. After being cooped up for months, getting out into the Black Hills on motorcycles may have seemed like a good idea. I’m sure at least some people who came to the Sturgis area were able to do so safely. As I mentioned in my article about the charitable giving to Meals on Wheels, not everyone stays in the town of Sturgis, and many come to simply ride the Black Hills and enjoy the great outdoors.

Still, it hardly seems smart in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over 170,000 Americans so far to hold a large gathering where there is potential to spread the virus more. The tracking of cases that originated in Sturgis is going to be difficult, according to the South Dakota Department of Health. It could take weeks if it’s ever accurately tracked at all.

The post South Dakota Department of Health Reports a Case of COIVD-19 from the Sturgis Rally appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Just saw a news item at Forbes.com that estimated 250,000 have been infected as a result of the Sturgis ? CHEPS also reporting this and perhaps Fox news. Could this be accurate ?

Yep we had bikers from here that went and the media cant do enough to tell us one person died because of it.
Out of about 250,000 people, one from our state died - so?!?!?!?!?!
Very low percentage and he was over 60 with problems.
Bet he died happy he went!!!!!
WHY is it so terrible if a bunch of people get the virus??
I'd gladly get it, and get over it, and be done with this stupid thing already!

WHY is it so terrible if a bunch of people get the virus??
I'd gladly get it, and get over it, and be done with this stupid thing already!

Perhaps because that bunch of people could spread it to other people, some of whom could die !

I knew two people who have died from this. I also know others whose lives will never be the same again because of the after affects. I know two intensive care nurses who have had to deal with folks dying of this horrendous disease in their care.

AND those that died will die, whether getting the virus today or in two years.
If your the one that will die, guess what, we cant stop it!

Distance learning, which for kids is bad, businesses that can't stay open, govt handouts, that will have to have increased taxes at some point, all to try and prolong the inevitable if the wrong person gets the virus.

Sorry if its harsh but its true.
How would you like us to proceed knowing this??

I would like to not have my retirement be living in a trailer, sipping soup, and staying away from everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back