• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Southern/Middle Ohio Haunted Roads/Bridges Tour

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
This is so early in the planning phase that I really dont even have a fully fleshed out plan yet. Not even a starting date or even a guess on when it will happen.

The goal is to visit and ride some of the haunted roads and bridges in Ohio, focusing on the southern and middle of Ohio. I choose this area simply due to the proximity of my starting point and the time involved in travel. The initial site I am using to plan is Haunted Roads and Bridges. But that doesnt mean I am limiting the research to that single site. I would love to get some local insight into spots as well. So far, I have put together a few stops that may work out in a nice route. I will be using Furkot (https://trips.furkot.com) to do the routing. If anyone is interested in going on this tour or giving input, please let me know. As I said, this is the very early phase of the planning and the start date is completely open.

So far, the list is including the following. They are in general order of attack. Other sites may come in between as I continue my research.
Start: 3000 Freys Hill Road, Louisville, KY 40241, USA
Lick Road: 12199 Lick Road, Cincinnati, OH 45251, USA
Buell Road: 3060 Buell Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45251, USA
Bessie Little Bridge: 2488 Ridge Ave, Dayton, OH 45414, USA
Stately Mill: 7095 Staley Rd, New Carlisle, OH 45344, USA

There is a lot of covered bridges around the center and south parts of Ohio.they have a ride tour once a year.75 miles of bridges you could always do on your own,I believe pebbles county or something like that.

Was just given a treasure trove of links from the ADVrider forum for this and to do one in KY as well. With all the info now, it looks like I may pull in some people to help plan for tours in both states, then do a longer ride as fall approaches and hit as many as we can.

If you ride middle Ohio, you have to ride the triple nickel (OH 555). It runs from Zanesville Ohio to just outside of Porterfield Ohio. Great road to ride, make sure you fill up at either end before you start, due to there may not be any open gas stations in between, and hold your bladder, no place to stop except trees between the two either. I rode it last July 4th weekend and there was only one gas station and it was closed and it had no public restroom.

And while near the nickel check out the biggest picnic basket, they make the laembare not sure how to spell that,its an office that looks like a basket.so many good roads in that area I could go on and on.

You will be about 80 miles from me.avoid Columbus at all cost.70-71 -270 putting in new ramps and its nothing but orange barrels.looks like a good trip so far.

BAH! You're going on the weird west side of Cincinnati! Beware, there are dragons and witches and stuff over there!:p

Ha your passing right thru my town and stomping grounds. Ever thought of doing an Indian mound Tour? Rode the 555 last year was a good ride, stayed at Burr Oak Lodge overnight.

Ha your passing right thru my town and stomping grounds. Ever thought of doing an Indian mound Tour? Rode the 555 last year was a good ride, stayed at Burr Oak Lodge overnight.
Burr oak is a very nice place,stayed at a cabin for a week before.I need to go to that area again.hocking hills also.

I know there are a few parks with indian mounds, I stopped at Peebles where the Serpent Mound is on my way to the Triple Nickel. I'll have to do some research to find out about more. By the way thanks I didn't know of Furkot, it even exports a file that Copilot Pro can use, I'll have to give that a try.

Furkot is great. The dev is working with ADVRider forums and others to make it more motorcycle-centric, and the changes in the last couple months have been AWESOME!

Back