• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SPent the day at the Honda Dealership... CTX700 review...

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I went in fo rthe 8k mile service... It took 3 hours, so I just hung out and checked out the current line up... I made a very interesting observation. After all the crap I talked about the CTX700, it is actually the MOST COMFORTABLE BIKE I have ever sat on..lol

THE SEAT IS #! !!!!!

I want to find a way to get that seat on my NC !!!...lol
I compared it to about 20 other bikes (including Goldwings and even maxi-Scooters) the CTX was by far the most comfortable. THe seat is so plush, and the bars and foot peg positions are PERFECT !!

PROBLEM.... It's got a face only a mother could love.......lmfao U.G.L.Y.

It felt like I was on a bicycle though.. It was so nimble and tiny.... with a lazyboy recliner's seat.... so small and light compared to my NC. I have the dct, but wow, what a difference... Still way too ugly for my taste though...

It seems like it's half "NC700" and half "old-man cruiser"....lol

It has a pseudo-frunk. You pop it open and find the gas tank and a tiny storage box. max load is like 1lb.... useless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Went fine... The valves were just where they were supposed to be... He told me my tires were bald (I knew that much on my own....lol)
And, apparently I ride waaaay too hard on the back brake....lol

It's almost gone already... THis seems to be a trend with me... I try not to, but it just happens...lol
Mechanic told me he gets about 5x the mileage out of his brake pads...lmfao!!

Last edited:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as is said. Actually bought the CTX700D for my wife a couple days ago. She has two other bikes with high mileage and being only 5' short, the bike was a pretty good fit for her. I agree the seat if PLUSH compared to most stock seats. Fun bike to ride in the few miles I have logged on it so far. I spent too much time today installing the saddlebags for her (different than the NC for sure). She hasn't even had a chance to ride it yet due to work. Tomorrow we are off and taking both 700's out for some ride time.
BTW - coming from a Versys, I think I may just have a thing for Fugly-Ugly. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as is said. Actually bought the CTX700D for my wife a couple days ago. She has two other bikes with high mileage and being only 5' short, the bike was a pretty good fit for her. I agree the seat if PLUSH compared to most stock seats. Fun bike to ride in the few miles I have logged on it so far. I spent too much time today installing the saddlebags for her (different than the NC for sure). She hasn't even had a chance to ride it yet due to work. Tomorrow we are off and taking both 700's out for some ride time.
BTW - coming from a Versys, I think I may just have a thing for Fugly-Ugly. LOL!

LoL... Very well put...

And yes, if you are short, the CTX is a GREAT choice. It's very small and light. Which means maybe it's faster than the NC ?!? (please tell us)
I just prefer the more Street style bikes... The CTX is more like the cruiser style.

But te seat is AMAZING !! and i bet it is fun to ride !! When I told my girl to sit on it, she called it a LoLo bike (means Grandpa Bike in Tagalog) ....lol

I do think it would be Super fun and Super comfortable... like I said before, it's only the look that didn't fit my stye Cool.png

My dealer has the red and black colors on the showroom floor. The seat is really comfortable, but the biggest surprise to me is how small the bike feels. Actually I think the CTX may be a bigger sales success than the NC. Cruisers aren't known for high horsepower high revving engines anyway, so the 700 engine performs more like the traditional cruiser power plant minus the vibration. Factor in the economy and it may appeal to a lot of people. Personally, I'm done with the cruiser style bikes, but I can see where someone shopping for a cruiser, especially an entry level model, would be drawn to the CTX.

Bob

My dealer has the red and black colors on the showroom floor. The seat is really comfortable, but the biggest surprise to me is how small the bike feels. Actually I think the CTX may be a bigger sales success than the NC. Cruisers aren't known for high horsepower high revving engines anyway, so the 700 engine performs more like the traditional cruiser power plant minus the vibration. Factor in the economy and it may appeal to a lot of people. Personally, I'm done with the cruiser style bikes, but I can see where someone shopping for a cruiser, especially an entry level model, would be drawn to the CTX.

Bob

I know!! It is so light weight!! I thought it was a 500... I was shocked when I daw 700 on the tag....lol
I wonder how much faster it accelerates compared to the NC. Or what the top speed is? It would definitely be a good cruiser option, and now all the Hondas are getting dct versions...(I like that.. :) )

Jay,
The CTX feels smaller than the NC, but it's not any lighter. According to the Honda website the CTX is actually a little heavier. I think the CTX curb weight is listed at about 6 pounds more than the NC. I doubt there would be any appreciable difference in either acceleration or top speed.

Bob

I suppose it just feels lighter cause of the design. The weight is much lower? Either way, it FEELS like it's half the weight...and my neice could ride it....lol

For a smaller person looking for a cruiser, this is a great bike... I'm sure it has the mechanical soundness of the NC since they are like the same bike...
However, I am surprised that it's heavier than the NC.....

If you're really into light weight fun, wait until September or October and visit your local Yamaha dealer. Yamaha is replacing the FZ800 with an all new 3 cylinder 900cc bike called the FZ-09.

Weight of NC is 472 pounds versus 414 for the FZ.
Horsepower of NC is about 50 while the FZ is supposed to be around 115.
If I remember correctly, I think the NC makes around 47 foot pounds of torque (I may be wrong here, but I think thats what it was reported to be) while the FZ is supposed to be around 65.

At any rate it sounds like Yamaha is about to come out with a two wheeled adrenalin pump. When I retired I promised myself that I would only have one bike at any given time, but having the NC for trips and economy and the FZ for pure 2 wheeled fun would be seriously interesting. I've already talked to the guy that manages the local Yamaha/Suzuki/KTM dealership about getting a FZ-09 demo bike so I could check it out.

Bob

lol. I'm an old school type when it comes to bikes, so I prefer to do the shifting myself. It sounds like Honda did a really good job on the DCT transmission and I can understand why so many folks like it, but personally, if I ever feel the need for a Honda that shifts itself I'll just get a new Accord.:)

Bob

lol. I'm an old school type when it comes to bikes, so I prefer to do the shifting myself. It sounds like Honda did a really good job on the DCT transmission and I can understand why so many folks like it, but personally, if I ever feel the need for a Honda that shifts itself I'll just get a new Accord.:)

Bob
Actually, the DCT can shift itself but there is an AT/MT switch on the handlebar that allows you to kick in manual shifting using the paddle shifters. Trust me, it is fun shifting through the gears on the CTX like an Indy car. Well, not quite like an Indy.
I have the NC700X and my wife now owns the CTX700D (with DCT and Fairing). We had the chance to compare the two today. Both are very similar in speed and torque. She is in a much more relaxed riding position but the NC will eat her alive in the corners.
She has ridden many bikes with over 200k miles logged on two wheels and her impression so far, is that Honda did a great job on the design of the bike. She said it was just plain fun to ride. I did not ride it much but I agree, the DCT works well.

Bob

You can't split lanes in your new Accord !!! ....lol

You can't split lanes in your new Accord !!! ....lol

Since lane splitting in Florida is illegal I can't split lanes on my NC either. The good news is that I don't need to. I live in an area where traffic moves at the speed limit. Haven't seen grid lock since I retired from the Air Force and escaped from California back in 1990. :)
At any rate, probably time to get back on the topic of your original post and talk about the CTX.

Back