• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spocket Questions

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at Sprocket Center and noticed that the front sprocket is available with a rubber dampener. Has anyone used this on their NC and what were the results?

On checking the rear sprocket it appears that I replaced the stock 43 with a 41. I didn't notice a difference. What difference would going back to stock make?

I’ve had many motorcycles that came stock with the rubber dampener on the front sprocket. It helps reduce chain noise to provide a quieter ride. I am able to tell the difference at slow speeds.

As far as your rear sprocket, when you put the 41 rear, you geared the motorcycle a hair taller. Realistically, it is a subtle change that may not be noticeable other than your speed confirmed with gps will be faster at indicated speed as compared to the 43 sprocket.

General rule is minus one tooth on front equals to about plus three teeth on the rear to gear down. To gear up plus one tooth on front sprocket equals to about minus three teeth on the rear sprocket.

The 41 tooth sprocket will require the rear wheel to be slightly farther back in the swing arm for proper chain adjustment. If your bike has a wear indicator
on the adjustment scale (as mine does) it will be inaccurate and you will need to disregard it.

My 700 manual has a 41 on the rear and a 16 stock out front. With the stock 114 link chain it was getting close to the end of adjustment slot used a RK 520XSO that time. The second chain I went with a RK 520GXW (highly recommend) at 112 link. It is in the middle of the slot and I prefer the 5 percent gear change. I almost never hit that rev limiter, 1to2. And the highway revs are lower along with the wider gear spacing. The mileage is a little better overall but when I did have a 160/70 rear tire it was too much gear in my opinion.

The 41 tooth sprocket will require the rear wheel to be slightly farther back in the swing arm for proper chain adjustment. If your bike has a wear indicator
on the adjustment scale (as mine does) it will be inaccurate and you will need to disregard it.
That is interesting. I check my slak per the interval in the manual. On the last check there was a large unexpected move.

I think I will pick up new parts but before I break the chain I will put on the old sprocket and check the wear indicators with it.

I really don't know how I got a different rear sprocket.

Thanks for the info.

has anyone found a rubber cushioned frontsprocket (16T) that works on the NC X , if so could they please post a link or maker and parts #
I bought a 16 tooth rubber cushioned front sprocket from Motosport.com for $17 minus shipping cost. Here is the info on part number.

JT sprocket makes 15,16, and 17 tooth front sprockets for the NC. Only the 16 and 17 have rubber cushioned options

IMG_4803.png

Last edited:
Using a rubber cushioned sprocket lowers noise emission of the chain contacting the front sprocket.

Manufacturers have to meet emissions regulations of said country. More than just the exhaust makes noise on an ICE (internal combustion engine) motorcycle.

There are many other members here that can give much more thorough and in depth responses than this.

Back