Spraying aerosol. How long is garage unsafe?

booblinker

Reaction score
I used aerosol truck be coating to paint my modified Dale's rack. I used a respirator. Ac unit blowing fresh air in, and another window open. Wondering if anyone knows how long the bad stuff stays in the air. Last time I wore no respirator and stayed in the garage after and had a multi day headache :eek:

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think if you got the painted piece out of there, the air would clear quickly.

booblinker

Reaction score
Well I had a headache in the morning,. But I think that was due to beer and vodka :D. Went away after a coffee and some water,. Didn't even need aspirin, so I think an hour with some air flowing is fine.

potter0o

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was watching a program on graffiti artists that use aerosol paints and the pros wear respirators due to the nasty stuff in the can.

CDA441

Reaction score
Well I don't wear a respirator/dust mask, because I don't have one, but I always use a fan to blow away the aerosol particles so it doesn't get in my lungs.
Works like a charm, but it still smells the day after.
Doesn't mean that it's not safe to get in there after 6 hours.
Just air it out and you should be fine, and don't stay in the garage for so long :')

booblinker

Reaction score
Well I don't wear a respirator/dust mask, because I don't have one, but I always use a fan to blow away the aerosol particles so it doesn't get in my lungs.
Works like a charm, but it still smells the day after.
Doesn't mean that it's not safe to get in there after 6 hours.
Just air it out and you should be fine, and don't stay in the garage for so long :')
I didn't do it for years, but respirators are like $20. Just buy one.