• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spraying aerosol. How long is garage unsafe?

booblinker

Reaction score
Visit site
I used aerosol truck be coating to paint my modified Dale's rack. I used a respirator. Ac unit blowing fresh air in, and another window open. Wondering if anyone knows how long the bad stuff stays in the air. Last time I wore no respirator and stayed in the garage after and had a multi day headache :eek:

I’d think if you got the painted piece out of there, the air would clear quickly.

Well I had a headache in the morning,. But I think that was due to beer and vodka :D. Went away after a coffee and some water,. Didn't even need aspirin, so I think an hour with some air flowing is fine.

I was watching a program on graffiti artists that use aerosol paints and the pros wear respirators due to the nasty stuff in the can.

Well I don't wear a respirator/dust mask, because I don't have one, but I always use a fan to blow away the aerosol particles so it doesn't get in my lungs.
Works like a charm, but it still smells the day after.
Doesn't mean that it's not safe to get in there after 6 hours.
Just air it out and you should be fine, and don't stay in the garage for so long :')

Well I don't wear a respirator/dust mask, because I don't have one, but I always use a fan to blow away the aerosol particles so it doesn't get in my lungs.
Works like a charm, but it still smells the day after.
Doesn't mean that it's not safe to get in there after 6 hours.
Just air it out and you should be fine, and don't stay in the garage for so long :')

I didn't do it for years, but respirators are like $20. Just buy one.

Back