• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SS1K Iron Butt

booblinker

Reaction score
Visit site
Left at about 6:30am yesterday and made it back at around 2am today. odometer showed just under 1040 miles traveled. I wasn't the only NC700x, never did take a picture of the other one.
The start
ss1k.2.jpg
The end
ss1k.1.jpg
The ride map
SS1K.jpg

Nice job, under 20 hours!! That is setting the bar pretty high man! :{)

I was one of the later ones too, there are some crazy guys running these official ones. We got slowed up at least an hour in Toronto due to a traffic jam. Ran like 10-15 mph over through the rest of Canada, and 5-10 over when Is the states. U think we stopped 8 times, 6 for gas, twice because it was after midnight and I needed a breather

Congrats! Toronto traffic always seems bad, last time I gave up and took the toll road (407)- what time did you pass through? Any problems at the border?

Congrats! Toronto traffic always seems bad, last time I gave up and took the toll road (407)- what time did you pass through? Any problems at the border?

We crossed over Matty morons bridge at like 730, so 11ish I think, and got past the traffic jamb around 1230 If I remember correctly. If I ever do this one again I am going to find a way to skip Toronto, and shoot back up to one of the required stops in Port Hope or Cobourg.

I was just up in Milton all of last week. Seem like the 401 always has a trick up its sleeve to find a way to slow you down. Congrats :)

Congrats to you again! I've picked a fairly easy route on the map. Living right off of I-90 in Idaho, i chose 250 miles east and that'll take me to Deer Lodge Montana and then back to my city. Then another 250 miles west which will take me to the top of Snoqualmie Pass in Washington state and then back home! I'll more then likely be running solo, so that way i'm much closer to home if i am unable to complete the 1k challenge for whatever reason. I'm shooting for either Saturday Aug 11th or the 18th. We'll see and i'll keep you posted. :{)

Congrats on the achievement. If you file the paperwork with the IBA you'll join a very small group that's done a SaddleSore 1000 on an NC700X. The last time I looked it was like 5 guys IIRC. A few years ago Ld_rider did the entire IBA Rally on his, 1000+ a day for 11 days IIRC.

Congrats on the achievement. If you file the paperwork with the IBA you'll join a very small group that's done a SaddleSore 1000 on an NC700X. The last time I looked it was like 5 guys IIRC. A few years ago Ld_rider did the entire IBA Rally on his, 1000+ a day for 11 days IIRC.

It was a pre approved IBA event, paperwork is already filed by the guy that put it on. I'd be surprised if the number of NC is that low, there was another guy that did in the group of 25 or so at this event.

It was a pre approved IBA event, paperwork is already filed by the guy that put it on. I'd be surprised if the number of NC is that low, there was another guy that did in the group of 25 or so at this event.
You can check it for yourself. Start at 10/27/12 for Saddlesore 1000 finishers, 3/15/14 for Bun Burner 1500, 2015 & 2017 for IBA Rally.

I hadn't checked the SS1000 finishers in a while. There might be more than 5 now but still compared to the list the amount of NC700X riders is very small.

You can check it for yourself. Start at 10/27/12 for Saddlesore 1000 finishers, 3/15/14 for Bun Burner 1500, 2015 & 2017 for IBA Rally.

I hadn't checked the SS1000 finishers in a while. There might be more than 5 now but still compared to the list the amount of NC700X riders is very small.

Do you have a link where I can search? I couldn't find one.

Searching their database, doing all models of the NC700 (X, XD, S) and worldwide, I found 31 finishers of the SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in less than 24 hours)-the list does not include the last 60 days of completed rides. There is a total of 41 NC700 bikes comprising their database list (all their rides). Still a small number compared to all the other bikes which have completed all their different type of certified rides.

Searching their database, doing all models of the NC700 (X, XD, S) and worldwide, I found 31 finishers of the SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in less than 24 hours)-the list does not include the last 60 days of completed rides. There is a total of 41 NC700 bikes comprising their database list (all their rides). Still a small number compared to all the other bikes which have completed all their different type of certified rides.

Is that 31 rides completed or number of names of finishers? Some of us have done multiple IBA rides. I'd be listed 4 times between a NC700X and a NC700XD. That's not 4, it's 1.

They listed per ride. I didn't check to see if repeated riders or same bikes. When I get time, I will go check....

Only if you wanted to...... at any rate our bikes and finishers are a very very small club. Congratulations to the OP and to you who has done them from KY to FL on occasion :)

Is that 31 rides completed or number of names of finishers? Some of us have done multiple IBA rides. I'd be listed 4 times between a NC700X and a NC700XD. That's not 4, it's 1.

Yea its by ride, I found your real spelling of your last name :p. I think I found 9 results, NC700, triumph tiger 800, 1300 Honda, and a Harley?

Back