• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stand bobbins

Mb1735

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I am being thick but I can't see anywhere to attach stand bobbins to allow me to use a bike stand to lift rear wheel

No, I don’t have any ideas for attaching spools (other than drilling holes through the swing arm, which I would not do).

Some stands (what we often call ‘pit stands’ in the States) don’t require spools. That’s my lowest-price suggestion for you. Somewhat less stable than the ones that work with spools, but I used to use the type on my CBR, which lacked spools.

My personal preference is for a center stand. I find them WAY more convenient than ‘pit stands.’

Center stand all the way, much easier to remove the rear wheel while on a center stand than having to work around a paddock stand being in the way.

The spools linked by Potter above are really the only ones available. I think R&G made a set called cotton reels but havent seen them for sale recently. There is no place on the swingarm designed to take spools.

I ended up buying the flat paddle-type paddock stand instead. I dont use a center stand and has worked for me over the years.

Back