• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Still going strong...NC700x with sidcar

electric eccentric

Reaction score
Visit site
Still going strong...NC700x with sidecar

14.jpg

Thought that I would let everyone know that the NC700x and sidecar are still going strong. The sidecar was attached August 2015, and was announced here on the Forum. After about 3000 miles in the SW USA, all is holding together.

Just got a new super bright LED head lamp for sidecar, and installed Michelin Pilot Road 4 Touring radial tires on the 700. Fantastic highway setup, and ready to go for season, which starts early in mid southern NM. (none of the improvements are seen in these old pics)

Just replaced battery, after 5.5 years. Recent oil change. Was running synthetic Mobile One, now using Castrol 06112 Power1 10W-40 Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil.

Like most NC700x riders, I averaged about 78 MPG with just cycle. With a passenger in the sidecar, and luggage, I never go below 52 MPG.

9.jpg

Attachments

• 14 profile.jpg
    14 profile.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
Neat..
Apparently there is someone else touring Mexico and central america on a NC with sidecar.

View attachment 32238

Thought that I would let everyone know that the NC700x and sidecar are still going strong. The sidecar was attached August 2015, and was announced here on the Forum. After about 3000 miles in the SW USA, all is holding together.

Just got a new super bright LED head lamp for sidecar, and installed Michelin Pilot Road 4 Touring radial tires on the 700. Fantastic highway setup, and ready to go for season, which starts early in mid southern NM. (none of the improvements are seen in these old pics)

Just replaced battery, after 5.5 years. Recent oil change. Was running synthetic Mobile One, now using Castrol 06112 Power1 10W-40 Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil.

Like most NC700x riders, I averaged about 78 MPG with just cycle. With a passenger in the sidecar, and luggage, I never go below 52 MPG.

View attachment 32239
That's awesome

Mileage is still pretty good. I have been thinking about this a bit. It would be handy for hauling gear and maybe bringing my dog along for the ride on nice days.

How about the handling, especially in the rain? And did it knock down your top speed?

I believe the undersquare motor is perfect for this application, albeit I am not a fan of sidecars.

Looks like a "Classical" RocketTeer, maybe an older model? Dunno, they could have borrowed the design--looks like there are a number of differences.

It started out as the RockeTeer, but was completely redone. People working on this project should consider the Rocketeer as only a basic start. The original product is ultra thin, flimsy, and would crack with any stress. This one had its fiberglass made about twice as thick in all critical stress locations, then painted custom, and all mounts were cushioned and separated from the chassis.

Only an experienced sidecar driver should ever drive with a sidecar. That is one of those "can't get there from here" statements. However, supervised, instructed, and cautioned should be minimum. A great motorcycle rider does absolutely all things wrong, when driving a sidecar. This particular one tracks as well as, or better than, ones that I have had on and off since the early 70s. For those who are cycle rides only - two things to start with: left turns are Disney caliber, with the outside tire digging and giving you the chance for safe speed. Right turns can literally kill drivers = the outside tire loses grip, goes airborne, which is fun if you mean to do it, and the cycle goes in the opposite direction that you wish. Yes, all of this is minimized by surviving the first threatening events. NOW, after you are experienced as a sidecar user, it all becomes comfortable. A cycle and sidecar is much more stable and safe going down an interstate. It is nice to not worry about the balance, at all, for you and your passenger. True comfort. Just got all the best tires, so I do not know, but expect it, to be fine in the rain. Top speed goes WAY down. Did some 120s early on, to test the NC700x. Now, with the kit, the top is about 80. Thus I can cruise at interstate speed, and still get 52 MPG = that is all I want for this combo = knew what was going to happen...

Only an experienced sidecar driver should ever drive with a sidecar. That is one of those "can't get there from here" statements. However, supervised, instructed, and cautioned should be minimum. A great motorcycle rider does absolutely all things wrong, when driving a sidecar. This particular one tracks as well as, or better than, ones that I have had on and off since the early 70s. For those who are cycle rides only - two things to start with: left turns are Disney caliber, with the outside tire digging and giving you the chance for safe speed. Right turns can literally kill drivers = the outside tire loses grip, goes airborne, which is fun if you mean to do it, and the cycle goes in the opposite direction that you wish. Yes, all of this is minimized by surviving the first threatening events. NOW, after you are experienced as a sidecar user, it all becomes comfortable. A cycle and sidecar is much more stable and safe going down an interstate. It is nice to not worry about the balance, at all, for you and your passenger. True comfort. Just got all the best tires, so I do not know, but expect it, to be fine in the rain. Top speed goes WAY down. Did some 120s early on, to test the NC700x. Now, with the kit, the top is about 80. Thus I can cruise at interstate speed, and still get 52 MPG = that is all I want for this combo = knew what was going to happen...
120? KM not MPH I take it, I can't get my NC700X to go much over 100 MPH going down hill and shipping it like a mule

Back