• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Seat: Advice on how to live with it please

I have worn these gel padded bicycling shorts for the last 5 years and they are a great help.

Many sporting goods stores carry them. Here is one: Canari Gel Bike Shorts Liner - Men's at REI.com

That said they are not enough for me to deal with the stock seat. My personal solution is to give up. I have an appointment at Sargent next Wednesday.

I wonder If I could cut the Azz out of these and sew it to my seat?!?!

Used to have a Yamaha FZ1 and had issues with seat comfort. A member at FZ1OA website has done a large number of seats for other members. MORE SEATS - FZ1OA Message Board has a lot of posts attesting to his prowess at altering FZ1 seats. I talked to Eddie about my seat issues and sent him both my seats to be recovered and the pilot's seat to be reshaped. They should arrive 7/9/13 and I plan some long rides to break in and see what the results are. Will also post pics with seats unmounted and mounted. Attached are my FZ1 seats Eddie did.

View attachment 6100

Rode up to TN, NC, and N. GA after receiving the seats. Better but wanted it flatter. Went by Eddie's and he made the requested changes and the seat is perfect for me. Will post pictures in the seat voting thread.

Back