• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Tool Kit

Doc True

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a used '14DCT that only had a screwdriver in the stock tool kit. Could someone tell me what else should be in there?

In the US there was a screwdriver and the attachment cable for the helmet lock point under the rear seat. All in all, pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screw driver is the right size to take of the battery cover and disconnect the battery. And that's about it

F_42_zpsulak2icc.jpg

This is the tool kit in the uk.

The screw driver is the right size to take of the battery cover and disconnect the battery. And that's about it

That's all that was in there. I thought that maybe the PO kept them. Once I do the first service, I'll have a good idea of what I need to have with me.

Thanks for the help.

All you need is a screwdriver, a 10mm, 12mm, and 14mm socket, a set of allen wrenches, and you can almost take the entire bike apart.

Ya need an 8mm socket as well. Just used it this evening cleaning around the front sprocket.
>T

I bought the rest of the tools from my dealer. The Honda Philips screwdriver is useless. The brake master cylinder cover screws were tight enough that it wrecked the screwdriver when I tried to take them off. It didn't fit the screws very well, either. Now, with any amount of torque/twist worth mentioning, the handle spins around the shaft of the screwdriver. The rest of the tools are good enough, and super-compact.

There is a 162 page thread on advrider about tool kits. Go at your own peril.

No thanks. I've seen too many tool threads devolve into madness. It starts like this one, asking about a few small hand tools to put under the seat, but very quickly becomes list after exhausting list of what seems to be every tool these folks have in their garage.

Last edited:
I'd like to get some JIS phillips head drivers, because you cannot get the taillight assembly off to repair turn signals without one. OR You can destroy the screw and replace it with something else, which is what I did. So until something else breaks.......I'm good.

Web bike world did a thing on JIS screwdrivers and basically came to the conclusion that no such animal exists any more (Vessel was a major input to the article). This after I bought a Hozan set. Buy a good screwdriver & it will work.

Back