• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Summer Adventure 2018

That is quite the set up you have on your bike. Having such large bags and top box, do you feel it drag on the highway? Or with a cross wind?

Great to read what you are doing. Enjoy the ride.

Mpg on the flat, no wind, is 60 to 65. (@ 65 to 70 mph)

I can feel more push from a crosswind, but handling isn't that much different.

The NC is a very reliable and predictable machine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sunday morning you'll find me a Starbucks sipping coffee and thinking about the ride home.

I'm camping at the same places as before just reverse order this time.

Looking forward to Lake Sheridan tonight. Nice place to camp.

Look for me on glympse.

Glympse.com/!strat3

I'm back at Lake Sheridan. It's just as beautiful as before, and because I'm me, I'm camping in exactly the same site.

Riding here, I realize there is yet another Lake and even more camping 6 miles up the road from this place! Wow! What a place to camp.

Here's today's photo.
ff2bb69559d079ad4666085a16c120d0.jpg

Staying with family tonight. Tomorrow will have glympse back on.☺

Camp at "Joe skeens" near Grants, NM.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

You just got to love Joe skeens free campsite: Flat concrete under steel awnings. Pit toilets. Camp fire rings. Pic nic tables. Easy access from the road.

It's a great place to Camp don't pass it by.
893e253804695503a7ea3c034cce6ac5.jpg
376b329431ba976decf4d51a62549e8b.jpg
71e55cbd4cd302f6d095efd8426a3d79.jpg

And I should have mentioned, there's a Walmart 17 miles or 22 minutes away from your campsite.

In hiding out in a motel 6 in kingman, AZ because the temp outside is 106F.
I couldn't face sleeping out in the heat.

Tomorrow, I will be home and recap then.

Thanks for following along.

I can fully understand. I hauled camping gear for 6000 miles last year but due to the Heat Wave I was in hotels most of the time because it was well over 100 degrees.
In hiding out in a motel 6 in kingman, AZ because the temp outside is 106F.
I couldn't face sleeping out in the heat.

Tomorrow, I will be home and recap then.

Thanks for following along.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
epilogue 2018

Looking back over the photos (and you've seen the best ones), I realize what a free feeling this gives. Some folks don't like giving over their lives to a GPS device, but I don't mind. It's thrilling to follow the directions and not know where I'm going... as long as I don't go off a cliff I suppose!

Two meals a day, gas, free camping (mostly) yielded an avg. expense of $53 a day. Not cheap. I was hoping to do better.

Things I'd change:
I'd be more prepared for rain. I didn't expect that in the heat of July.

Next year (April or May), I'd like to go up Interstate 5 to I-80 then over to Omaha on that. Much more northerly passage so maybe less heat? More rain too! Might take the other bike (FJR-1300) and stay in RV-Camps. The FJR wasn't made for dirt roads, but I admit there wasn't a dirt road on this trip the FJR would have failed on.
My NC700X remains my sentimental favorite of all time. It gave me no trouble on this 12-day long ride... not a moment's worry.

Thank you, for taking the time to look in now and then. I hope you enjoyed the show.

That was an awesome trip Strat, and I’m glad your NC gave you no trouble at all. That’s amazing, given it’s age in mileage. How many miles are on her now?

Looking back over the photos (and you've seen the best ones), I realize what a free feeling this gives. Some folks don't like giving over their lives to a GPS device, but I don't mind. It's thrilling to follow the directions and not know where I'm going... as long as I don't go off a cliff I suppose!

Two meals a day, gas, free camping (mostly) yielded an avg. expense of $53 a day. Not cheap. I was hoping to do better.

Things I'd change:
I'd be more prepared for rain. I didn't expect that in the heat of July.

Next year (April or May), I'd like to go up Interstate 5 to I-80 then over to Omaha on that. Much more northerly passage so maybe less heat? More rain too! Might take the other bike (FJR-1300) and stay in RV-Camps. The FJR wasn't made for dirt roads, but I admit there wasn't a dirt road on this trip the FJR would have failed on.
My NC700X remains my sentimental favorite of all time. It gave me no trouble on this 12-day long ride... not a moment's worry.

Thank you, for taking the time to look in now and then. I hope you enjoyed the show.
Another thought might be I-15 to I-70. 70 takes you through some pretty country and cooler once in Colorado. Then 76 up to 80. Or go through RMNP and head out on U.S. 34 and two lane it almost to Omaha.
And $53 a day isn't bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back