• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Suspension Travel

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have fitted Race-tech Gold Emulators to my 2016 Nc750x DCT. The suspension feels good but I thought I’d check with the forum to see what suspension travel you get with standard suspension, or any modified ones.
I checked mine by fitting a tie wrap around the fork just above the seal. Rode the bike around and then measured how far the tie wrap had moved, measuring from the top of the seal mine is 65mm travel what’s yours?

That's gonna vary with a lot of factors. Rider weight, luggage, how hard you brake, etc. Unless you're riding offroad, braking hard is easily the biggest compression force exerted on the forks.

Haven't measured it but this is where mine sits at after track riding (super hard braking). You can see the rubber ring on the fork tube. I have Racetech Gold Valves as well, with stiffer springs. I weigh 205 lbs not counting weight of track gear.

Screenshot_20210513-141314_Gallery.jpg

I am talking about average riding conditions not extremes such as very hard braking, or jumping the Grand Canyon.

If you are serious about tuning your suspension then sag and very hard braking tells you a lot. Then you can ride in average riding conditions all you want knowing the suspension is working optimally for you in any condition encountered. Your question is like asking how long is a piece of string.

That's gonna vary with a lot of factors. Rider weight, luggage, how hard you brake, etc. Unless you're riding offroad, braking hard is easily the biggest compression force exerted on the forks.

Haven't measured it but this is where mine sits at after track riding (super hard braking). You can see the rubber ring on the fork tube. I have Racetech Gold Valves as well, with stiffer springs. I weigh 205 lbs not counting weight of track gear.

View attachment 44816
You seem to be a similar weight to me and similar set up, new springs etc. Just by looking mine doesn’t travel nearly as much as yours but I haven’t done any extreme braking.
I am trying to start an interesting discussion, not set up my suspension it’s already been done.

Back