• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW MOTECH alu rack

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious. Anyone perhaps know if SW MOTECH is having production issues in Germany? . The Alu rack is out of stock......at least on Revzilla's site. TT's site is quite slow and I find it a bit aggravating to navigate. TIA

I usually order straight from SW-Motech US, but it looks like they currently don’t have the Alu-Rack in stock.

Last edited:
I believe Twisted throttle (TT )....... I believeis out too. I'll text SW MOTECH at some point.....it's just odd. Thanks for responses.

I emailed them on March 3rd and they said they are at 1/3 production capacity due to the pandemic. They did note that they are “creeping out of it, but it will take a while to get older products like this back in circulation”.

I’m hoping they’re back within the next couple months...

Germany is still in lockdown due to covid...as is most of Europe...
To show how political expediency carried far more weight in the USA during 2020 rather than listening to the science and protecting the health of it's citizens, it's Germany's conservative government that is taking heat for the lockdown measures they instituted in response to Europe's third wave of infections. They may be voted out in the fall, how ironic.

If the OP can wait, I would as the Alu Rack was more functional on my NCs compared to the Givi's hole-in-the-middle counterpart.

Just curious. Anyone perhaps know if SW MOTECH is having production issues in Germany? . The Alu rack is out of stock......at least on Revzilla's site. TT's site is quite slow and I find it a bit aggravating to navigate. TIA
I bought one from SW-Motech.co.uk - but I understand that the alu rack has been superseded by street rack (slightly different mounting plate where the SW Motech plate for your top box clips in). It took ages for delivery (a month?), which suggests that they are short of stock - but I'm very pleased with how it looks.

I bought one from SW-Motech.co.uk - but I understand that the alu rack has been superseded by street rack (slightly different mounting plate where the SW Motech plate for your top box clips in). It took ages for delivery (a month?), which suggests that they are short of stock - but I'm very pleased with how it looks.
Hmmmm, so Alu rack is out and the street rack is the new go to . Thank you for the information.

To show how political expediency carried far more weight in the USA during 2020 rather than listening to the science and protecting the health of it's citizens, it's Germany's conservative government that is taking heat for the lockdown measures they instituted in response to Europe's third wave of infections. They may be voted out in the fall, how ironic.

If the OP can wait, I would as the Alu Rack was more functional on my NCs compared to the Givi's hole-in-the-middle counterpart.
Yep, I'm patient......generally speaking.
It'll all workout. I have been looking at the T Rex racing rack as well......we shall see.

The street rack looks interesting like an updated Alu rack. It's only available for 2016 plus models and looks like the saddlebag bar mounts slightly differently from the Alu rack. It still keeps the same slick and stylish look overall though. The plate quick-release seems a little nicer than the Alu rack as well.

I wonder if the plate mounting points are the same as the Alu rack and could be put onto the Alu saddlebag bars?

Per Max from SW MOTECH USA.......it'll be til the 21st week of this year when the supply will be available on the "webshop". So, the clock ticks.

I'm going to look into T Rex racing's rack more closely. I believe their "set up"
( corresponding holes for GIVI plates ) for GIVI. We'll see.

I'm going to look into T Rex racing's rack more closely. I believe their "set up"
( corresponding holes for GIVI plates ) for GIVI. We'll see.
It looks like the T Rex rack works with the Givi Monolock universal mounting plate that comes with Givi Monolock cases anyway. You could put a Monolock case on any flat rack if you just drill the holes and use the plate that comes with the case. T Rex isn’t really doing anything special except maybe predrilling the holes for you. It doesn’t look like the T Rex rack supports Givi Monokey top cases, nor any side cases.

With the Alu-Rack, there are Givi adapters available for Monokey and Monolock top cases, as well as side racks with adapters for many different brands of side cases. I know nothing about the SW-Motech street rack.

Luggage options can be complicated.

Last edited:
For what I do Monolock may be sufficient. Plus, the T Rex price is less cost. I doubt that I'll go with side cases as previously mentioned. Time will tell.

Besides the adaptability and overall good look, the major benefit of the SW-Motech is that you can remove the topbox mounting plate when it's not needed.
If you dont think that is a benefit or yo don't plan to remove the mounting plate ever or often then T-Rex might be a better option.

For me, the quick release function and the overall good looks are what are important to me. I don't use my top case everyday or most days really and I like the sporty cleaner look of my bike without the crappy mounting plate always mounted.

the major benefit of the SW-Motech is that you can remove the topbox mounting plate when it's not needed.
I was not aware of that feature. Interesting. I will be using the topbox most of the time, and don't mind the mounting plate being there when I'm not, so I'm happy with what I have, but I see how someone could be swayed by that.

Back