• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sw-Motech Crash Bars

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Sw-Motech crash bars on the NC. Received them today from rockymountainatvmc.com as promised. Build quality is awsome as expected, powder coating is perfect and bars feel sturdy. Really easy to install. You just take the two motor mount bolts off each side at a time. The bolts can be hand threaded back in so letting a side at a time loose doesn't cause the motor to move even a millameter. Nothing complicated with the install at all. Just need to wire and install the Piaa lights I have once I have some more time. Will update again once the lights are on. I would recommend these bars and rockymountain to anyone looking for crash bars. Forgot to mention a plus, they do work at highway pegs, you legs rest inbetween the bodywork and the crash bar. And if you get these you have to remove the clutch mount like in the last picture, be careful it scratches the case even if it lightly hits it.
8utymuvy.jpg

anagypa4.jpg

bade2ajy.jpg

8anagesa.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a PIAA horn at bottom? Hard to install? Louder? Better?
Thanks.
Paul

Yes that is a Piaa, very easy to install you just have to rotate the bracket around so the open end isnt pointing up, its plug and play. The perk I have seen so far is that people that are merging on you (which happens daily) think you are a car instead of a moped when you honk the horn. People normally ignore the meepmeep a motorcycle horn has, but this is 115db of car horn in a small package, so they get scared and move back, which is all I want them to do. I can understand not seeing us, it is really hard to turn you head and look........ but I would like my lane back once your lazy ass has made a mistake.

Did a mock up on the Piaa's just to see if I really even liked them. I think they look great on this bike with those crash bars. Not ready to wire up at 9:30pm but it gives me something to do this weekend.
6ypydybu.jpg

da6ubyju.jpg

ynaha7ep.jpg

u5egyded.jpg

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing about the lights. Is there a model # for the PIAA horn? and lights?
Thanks again.

The horn is a slim sport model. Not sure on the lights my dad bought them for his buell but they didn't look good on his big bike so he gave them to me. I know they are a 35w and that's about it. I'll take some day and night pictures once they are wired up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just installed the Sw-Motech crash bars on the NC. Received them today from rockymountainatvmc.com as promised. Build quality is awsome as expected, powder coating is perfect and bars feel sturdy. Really easy to install. You just take the two motor mount bolts off each side at a time. The bolts can be hand threaded back in so letting a side at a time loose doesn't cause the motor to move even a millameter. Nothing complicated with the install at all. Just need to wire and install the Piaa lights I have once I have some more time. Will update again once the lights are on. I would recommend these bars and rockymountain to anyone looking for crash bars. Forgot to mention a plus, they do work at highway pegs, you legs rest inbetween the bodywork and the crash bar. And if you get these you have to remove the clutch mount like in the last picture, be careful it scratches the case even if it lightly hits it.
8utymuvy.jpg
he
anagypa4.jpg

bade2ajy.jpg

8anagesa.jpg
Why was it necessary to move the clutch cable stop mount? Was it in the space that the crash bars needed to be mounted?
Did you just reposition the OEM bracket, or did SW provide a replacement bracket?
It looks great.

Just temporarily getting the bracket out of the way. You also have to remove the lower fairing to access the lower engine mounts. It’s a 30 min 1 person job taking your time. It would be nice to have an extra hand to hold the bar when you are lining up the bolt, mount and spacer.

Thanks for explaining

bamamate,
Thanks for clarifying the installation procedure. I was curious if major alterations needed to be made to install the crash bars. If it's just a remove and replace, no problem.:)

Hard to get night pictures of these lights. They are so bright every picture is blurry. Ill take some day pics tomorrow but not sure nights will ever turn out at all. This is the best one I could get. The closer I got the easier it was to see, the three lights mesh together otherwise.
jagaqu5y.jpg

Why was it necessary to move the clutch cable stop mount? Was it in the space that the crash bars needed to be mounted?
Did you just reposition the OEM bracket, or did SW provide a replacement bracket?
It looks great.

Like bamamate said you just have to move the clutch bracket to get to the motor mount bolt. It's still even hard to get to the bolt because the clutch cable obviously has tension on it fighting you. Also used a second pair of hands for getting the bolts started. You slightly reposition the fuel line which is mounted to the clutch bracket but it is just to get the crash bar behind the fuel line.

Thx for instruction Hmcp88, I have just finished installing mine. In my case it lasted nearly 2 hours, taking my time and especially fighting to unscrew engine bolts without proper tools.
This meant in my case, taking down on the left side, plastic protection next to cylinder head, and on the right side horn mount.
Need more tools ... :)

Back