• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help SW-Motech Evo High Beam Install

TXBootScoot

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I posted my original question in the wrong spot. Usually folks are quick to answer, but it’s been a while and no responses, so I’m sure it was me. Previous post was here: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/sw-motech-evo-high-beam-install.21028/

New 2021 DCT and I’m trying to add SW-Motech Evo high beams. I’m down to the last step. I need to attach this green wire to a “key on” wire (I think), but that seems weird to have to splice an existing wire (Warrenty issues?) to get these on. I feel like there should be a place to attach, but I new to adding accessories and never did understand electrical stuff all that well.

Thoughts on a wire to attach this to—or another, better option?

Attachments

• AAC44F3B-4281-48CB-A20B-6BC93752B8DD.jpeg
    AAC44F3B-4281-48CB-A20B-6BC93752B8DD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • DB40938B-CB92-43B0-9DB1-CB15B7528E20.jpeg
    DB40938B-CB92-43B0-9DB1-CB15B7528E20.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
There are many places to tap into a switched power wire.
A wire running to your headlight or front turn signals/running lights will work, as will your rear red running light of your brake/tailight.
There is also an accessory harness circuit, but it is unpowered until you put a 7.5A fuse and relay into its circuit in your fuse box.
I can give you the colours of the wires in the accessory sub harness for up to model year 2020 of the NC 750; I don't know about the 2021.
The switched power for model years up to 2020 in the accessory harness with the relay and fuse installed is the wire with red and white striped insulation on it.
I'm sure someone with a '21 or '22 NC750X can verify this for you.

Of the three choices suggested for a 12 volt switched source, headlight, front running light, or tail light, the tail light is best. For headlight, you have high beam and low beam. If you tap into low beam wire, you will lose the signal when you switch to high beam. For front running light, the running light on the side you activate a turn signal will normally shut off, thus you lose the 12 volt power signal when that turn signal is active. The tail light is on all the time the ignition switch is on, thus is the best choice of the three.

What is the best way to get that wire? Where is a good connection point? Sorry, this is all very new for me.
There is a harness tap point under the pillion seat for the brake light.
It is a 3 wire connector.
I don't have a wiring diagram for the '21, but I can tell you which wire it is for the '20.
The switched power wire to the tail light is the black with blue striped wire.

If concerned about splicing wires, here is how I added my grip heaters using existing connections on my '21.

Back