• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech NC700X DCT Skid Plate

kpinvt

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the part at A Viscous Cycle in Canada which is affiliated with Twisted Throttle in the US who shipped the part to me for $282 total. It looks like the plate will fit the bike with Givi crash bars I have on the bike. I measured the thickness of the parts with my frozen micrometer, the bottom plate is 3.9mm and the sides and DCT oil filter cover are at 2.7mm. The sides are riveted to the bottom plate. IMG_0540.jpgIMG_0541.jpgIMG_0542.jpgIMG_0544.jpgIMG_0547.jpg
There are quite few parts included for attaching the plate.

Last edited:
I have a TCI engine guard. It's no big deal taking it off as infrequently as we need to do it.

That is a nice looking guard!

That is certainly a nice looking piece of kit. I look forward to seeing it in position.

My only concern would be the riveted construction, if it were to suffer a hard strike when offroad. I have something similar on my KTM SM and it is probably also made by the same manufacturer . I put it on to protect the external oil lines under the motor, from debris off the front wheel, during times when I might be on forest tracks etc. It was marketed under the KTM logo but I am sure it was made by the same manufacturer as yours, as the construction style is very similar.

Did you consider Hondabikepro's product when setting out to purchase ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did. Cost and cost alone kept me from buying one. I think Dale's skid plate is of a much higher level of quality. If I was planning on riding the same kind of trails as the NC700X did on the 2013 Cannon Trek "Bashing The Big Bikes" http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903353 ride I would buy the Hondabikepro model. I bought the SW-Motech model to correct a failing that I see on the bike in stock form. The underbelly of the bike looks very vulnerable to damage, to me anyway. Take the plastic Lower Cowling off of the bike and see what I'm talking about.

I'm not trying to send you off on a tangent, and this info doesn't have anything to do with this thread directly, I'm just very proud of how well the NC has performed.

Here is the text from the first post of a thread on ADV Rider:

"CannonTrek.CO - Bashing Big Bikes in the Backcountry of Colorado

Just took a small group out to Colorado on a CannonTrek. What a blast!

Plenty of good times and plenty of challenges. Daily breakdowns and some "battle damage" too.

As usual, I'll cover the ride, some history and interesting places along the way, and I'll share the GPS file.

Counting me, we started with six riders. We finished up with four."

One of the four bikes to finish was the NC700X and one of the only bikes not to have near daily breakdowns. The most damage sustained by the NC was a slightly dented front rim and a bent rear brake pedal.

Last edited:
I have the same for the manual version, Givi Crashbars and center stand not a problem.

Quality wise, its top!

It goes until the rear shock, fits perfectly and is easy to install if you go through the manual it brings from factory.

From the skid plates I have seen, this is the one that has it all.

No oil drain access, but removable in 2 minutes, just remove 4 crews and you get her naked again :D

NCX.jpg

In response to KPinvt.

Yes, our little bikes are proving to be very durable indeed as evidenced by the two riders on the attached link (which was introduced by another member elsewhere on here a few weeks ago). They are finished their trip now but all that broke in 30,000 + miles from USA to Patagonia, was the rear shock on one of the bikes. They were dropped many times also. Another (now famous) Honda which completed such a trip was the Honda C90. That feat really proved a point in my book.

https://nomadsmoto.wordpress.com/

About Me - Honda Vs The WorldHonda Vs The World

Here is a picture to explain in a lot less than 1000 words one of the things that worried me about the bike when I was thinking of buying one:

IMG_0578.jpg

I wasn't planning on jumping stumps with this bike before the purchase but this looks really vulnerable to damage. Just this moment I'm wondering if the complete lack of protection in this area is why Honda set up the DCT transmission to NOT be able to loft the front wheel. That or I'm being paranoid.

/EDIT I'm being paranoid.

Last edited:
Looks like my Hepco & Becker Engine Guard.

001.jpg

Mine also only requires removing 4 screws to remove. Also, it clears the center stand and the kickstand. My bash plate took an unreal beating in Mexico the last two weeks.

This guy took a metal grain shovel and made a skid plate,just had to share this.
bffda0a328f7e88e68e0aa5dd9b38b43.jpg

In response to KPinvt.

Yes, our little bikes are proving to be very durable indeed as evidenced by the two riders on the attached link (which was introduced by another member elsewhere on here a few weeks ago). They are finished their trip now but all that broke in 30,000 + miles from USA to Patagonia, was the rear shock on one of the bikes. They were dropped many times also. Another (now famous) Honda which completed such a trip was the Honda C90. That feat really proved a point in my book.

https://nomadsmoto.wordpress.com/

About Me - Honda Vs The WorldHonda Vs The World

wow, what an awesome adventure. Glad I got a honda instead of a KTM.

Here is a picture to explain in a lot less than 1000 words one of the things that worried me about the bike when I was thinking of buying one:

View attachment 22930

I wasn't planning on jumping stumps with this bike before the purchase but this looks really vulnerable to damage. Just this moment I'm wondering if the complete lack of protection in this area is why Honda set up the DCT transmission to NOT be able to loft the front wheel. That or I'm being paranoid.
That is why my plates are made the way they are. Dale

I just installed a SW-Motech Skid plate on my manual shift bike and it looks great. I did have to grind a little (Less than 1/8") for my Honda center stand to clear. Maybe the SW-Motech center stand fits fine, but the Honda stand needs a little more room. It's not a big deal and it shouldn't stop anyone from installing this skid plate.
The manual version has a slightly different shaped bolt on side plate the the DCT version, but other than that, it's the same.
I wanted a little more protection for riding on unpaved roads and kicking up small rocks and stones and I think this plate will be fine for that. If your planning more off road riding I think the heavy duty HondaBikePro plate would be the way to go

Back