• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SWAP MIRRORS WITHT THE CTX700 ?!?!? Can we do it ?!?! SAME SIZE BOLTS !?!

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
WILL THE CTX700 MIRRORS FIT ON THE NC !?!?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I was at the dealership yesterday, and I was comparing the parts on the CTX to the NC... I noticed that the CTX had a shorter bars on the mirrors. And, after the bend, they stop sooner..... I have been looking for an aftermarket mirror cause I think the stock ones stick out alot.

I think changing to the CTX mirrors would make it a bit more low profile looking, but stil keep the great viewing ability of the NC's mirrors....
And I also think it would just be a straight swap... cause it looks like they have the same base size...

I know a few people here have the CTX... anyone know if they would fit on the NC ?!?​

WILL THE CTX700 MIRRORS FIT ON THE NC !?!?

I noticed that the CTX had a shorter bars on the mirrors. And, after the bend, they stop sooner.....

I think changing to the CTX mirrors would make it a bit more low profile looking, but stil keep the great viewing ability of the NC's mirrors....
And I also think it would just be a straight swap... cause it looks like they have the same base size...

*perk* :D

hmmm, good spotting, Jay! (as we know I'm still experimenting with my NCX mirrors being too tall and sticky outy, lol)

I've never had a Honda with bar mounted mirrors that were different from any other, as far as base mount thread size (M12 X 1.25" pitch) so I would be utterly surprised if these wouldn't swap over. I would be 99.999999999999999999999% sure they can fit.

I have had a few Yamahas over the years that had reverse thread on the base of the right hand side mirror (the theory being, that if you fell over on the right side, the mirror would loosen and spin, instead of breaking, because being left hand threads, it loosened clockwise instead of tightening like normal)

One thing to be aware of though, is where they mount on the CTX versus the placement on the NCX. If the CTX mirrors are shorter and closer to the centreline of the bike, then if they were mounted on the NCX bases, they may show a lot more rider's elbows instead of rear view. If the CTX bars are taller and wider, then maybe that's why the mirrors can be shorter and more narrow, see what I mean?

Just something to consider ;)

Great minds think alike.i was on the cxt sight looking at handguards and other things that might.fit.i was also looking at the.cb500 bike for parts lol.

The Honda CTX mirrors are good looking, but cost about $50 each. I am cheap. I would go with after market, as you can find just about all styles of after market mirrors about $20 each. I use the Bikemaster Super Sport Mirrors on my NC700, $12.95 each.

VIEWING TUCKER ROCKY PUBLICATION PAGES

Ok... nice... I see.... Can you post a picture of your bike here for us?

The biggest problem with most smaller bikes is that the mirrors are not placed out wide enough. Try a ninja 250 or cbr250. All you see is your arms and shoulders - very frustrating. Honda did well with the NC. I appreciate that the mirrors are actually useful. Are you sure you would want them narrower?

I think the manufacturers have it all wrong most of the time. Low fairing mounted mirrors that give you a view below the bars and below your arms are the best, but alas, are rare.

Greg

The ctx doest seem much narrower... thats why I liked them... Cause I thought it may retain some of the great view I get from the OEM mirrors.. What about the bar mirrors that hang below the handle grips?

I think they would look really nice on the NC, and not loose functoin much at all... they can be adjusted for the bit of narrowing.. and when riding mostly upright, I don't think it will be an issue at all.... THey are the same mirror but with a different size stem......

As an aside note which may be interesting or not, depending...

The Honda OEM mirrors, I discovered, are made by Ken Sean, an aftermarket mirror mfg. Coincidentally, the bar end mirror on my CBR125R is a Ken Sean product.

Back