• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swing Arm Slider?

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone found a slider that will go in the back end to protect the muffler? I am travelling this weekend(Canadian Thanksgiving). I know the dealer had some ideas from a few years ago. I can go back to to them in a couple of weeks.

My side cases worked great [emoji23]
fa3f508e45a0c21555bc2881ae415816.jpg

They took almost all the damage, the Barkbusters also helped

I had never considered a side case as a slider ;) I had a very slow low side yesterday at moto gymkhana practice. The curse of pushing myself...I can see that additional protection would be beneficial. Crash bars did their job. All better with a black touch up pen. If it had been on the other side the muffler would have some scratches.

R&G makes an exhaust protector. You can find it on twistedthrottle. Doesn't look like it would do much, but I guess it is an option.

I had never considered a side case as a slider ;) I had a very slow low side yesterday at moto gymkhana practice. The curse of pushing myself...I can see that additional protection would be beneficial. Crash bars did their job. All better with a black touch up pen. If it had been on the other side the muffler would have some scratches.
Just part of it, hard to protect a side exhaust.

What kind of tires are you running?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just part of it, hard to protect a side exhaust.

What kind of tires are you running?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a fresh Road 5 on the front and a PR 4 on the back. Was my fault...counter balance steering into a tight corner too slow with clutch not engaged enough...basically a fall over.

A chunk of HDPE(cutting board material) or UHMW(high speed chain guides, sawmill type, increible stuff) trimmed down to the size you need and then a strong hose clamps or two and you'd have your very own! Either of them are super easy to work with, form and shape to fit the curvature of the tail pipe.

I've been thinking/kicking around the idea of fabricating a touring type crash bar for those bags/rear area every since "WildCat4F" low speed/dropped his and broke his Honda Factory side case a few months ago. He has found them super expensive to replace just the one, and i don't believe he even has yet! I'd make something appropriately strong, with good coverage to the area yet not intrusive to the driver or pillion and attempting to cover a wide variety of luggage at the same time. I think there'd be a good call for them, and if available, they'd probably sell well! Anyway, it's so far just a thought in the drawing stages. :{)

Last edited:
Back