• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swingarm replacement

Des

Reaction score
Visit site
I have always thought the standard box-section swingarm and chain adjustment system on my NC700 looks rather "cheap and agricultural".
I read in a British article that fitting the cast aluminium swingarm from the Honda 700 Integra is a straight fit along with the axle bolts, allowing the fixing of the rear shock absorber and standard chain. Has anybody done this and if so are there any issues one needs to consider?

Im not sure why one would change the swing arm on a X-Adv in the first place. The OEM item is also a cast unit and looks fine. I somehow have the impression though that the X-Adv Swingarm is a bit longer than a standard NC item.

I made the switch written about in the thread Dave linked. Ive had zero issues and have been riding with it for several years. If you make the switch make sure to get the axle and chainguard with it. If you want a rear fender you have to make sure it is for the specific model and year of the swingarm because only a couple years had that swing arm.

I made my switch purely based on cosmetics as I didnt like the look of the stock one either. However, it is considerably lighter and better made than the stock, with much better chain adjusters.

I made the switch written about in the thread Dave linked. Ive had zero issues and have been riding with it for several years. If you make the switch make sure to get the axle and chainguard with it. If you want a rear fender you have to make sure it is for the specific model and year of the swingarm because only a couple years had that swing arm.

I made my switch purely based on cosmetics as I didnt like the look of the stock one either. However, it is considerably lighter and better made than the stock, with much better chain adjusters.
It would be great to see pictures of this. Sounds very interesting.

Back