• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tales of corrosion in the UK

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
On the UK forum there are now quite a few postings regarding corrosion on NCs especially with paint flaking off the swinging arm. I know our climate is bad but surely the bikes should have survived at least one winter without this

like all paints it need looking after,just because its a swinging arm you can't neglect it.
hence what do you think the wax for.
paint is porous just like chrome and it needs wax/polishing just as much as the rest of the bike.
if it wasn't then there would be no need for wax would there:rolleyes:

Not worried..........Quick way to destroy any bike..........true winter riding. 10 times worse if there is salt treatment on the road. Nothing like a hot engine and salt water............

Add gravel treated roads causing stone chips on any painted surface equals instant rust.

I would think the plated and alloy parts on the NC would look real bad after 90 days.

UK corrosion problem are notorious..........spokes pulling through alloy rims is just one of many special problems that are common.

Last edited:
The pictures of one bike was showing rust in many parts after just winter. I must admit that my NC which was ridden all winter with only infrequant washes survived much better. It would appear that spraying it with anti corrosion spray does work

What is this winter you speak of?

that's rub it in:mad:;)
salt-Wound.jpg

Well, of point in suspension components, thr problem is flex. The impqct always causes slight deflection qnd will slowly form cracks and pores in the paint. Plus heat, chips etc.

Hi Rocker,

I rode through the winter this year as per three years before, my 1997 CBR600F & my 2011 CBR250R both held up extremely well but the NC has already shown signs of rusting.

I washed and prep'd my bike every week over the winter as I do all year round I'm appalled at it's current condition compared to previous old and new models.

:(

Hi Rocker,

I rode through the winter this year as per three years before, my 1997 CBR600F & my 2011 CBR250R both held up extremely well but the NC has already shown signs of rusting.

I washed and prep'd my bike every week over the winter as I do all year round I'm appalled at it's current condition compared to previous old and new models.

:(

Oh that's disappointing. My CBR250R survived two winters quite well. Even my old Ninja 250r handled the winter fine.

On the UK forum there are now quite a few postings regarding corrosion on NCs especially with paint flaking off the swinging arm. I know our climate is bad but surely the bikes should have survived at least one winter without this

You want corrosion? Ha! This allows me to mention again why I will talk sh*t about my BMW, whenever a topic of crappy bike, crappy dealers, crappy service etc., is brought up. F you, BMW.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spray bike with a marine silicone. The Yamaha marine silicone is some of the best I have seen. My bike is always out side year round. Spray Yamaha Marine silicone on everything. Can be purchased at any Yamaha dealer what sells waverunners. No rust or corrosion.

Back