• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tank bag? new models

jimmy da vig

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm waiting for the '18 750X/DCT to arrive on American shores. The slots in the frunk lid appeal to me for strapping things down. Honda says for attaching a tank bag. But what bag? A real tank bag of some sort? Or a small duffle?

What have owners of the new models done?

Thanks, photo's or part/model numbers appreciated.

So I'm waiting for the '18 750X/DCT to arrive on American shores. The slots in the frunk lid appeal to me for strapping things down. Honda says for attaching a tank bag. But what bag? A real tank bag of some sort? Or a small duffle?

What have owners of the new models done?

Thanks, photo's or part/model numbers appreciated.

Riding a 2016 NC700X DCT. I bought the Oxford OL175 X4 Magnetic Tank 'N' Trailer Bag on sale for $59. Don't let the name fool you. Although it says magnetic, it comes with very strong velcro straps. The velco is so strong that I had a hard time getting it tight because it kept sticking together while I was trying slide the straps through the luggage hooks. It's a bit bigger than I thought it should be but once in place it fits perfectly. It holds more than I ever thought I would need. It even has a pocket for an I-Pass for tolls when I'm on the highway. It has a clear top for a GPS if you use one. I highly recommend it.

Techrat.

OL175.jpg

Techrat, thanks for the info. I'll look for that bag at Americade. Is that the same Oxford that makes the heated grips? I put some on my KLR and they are awesome.

Can you put a picture with the bike?

Unfortunately my bike is in storage and I didn't take any pics before I put it away back in September. But I'll be back on the road beginning in April. If this thread is active then, it could be a definitely possibility.

Techrat

Yes! +1 on this!
I look at almost every tank bag I see and wonder if it would work. I wouldn't want a big bag but one with one of those clear tops for maps is a must.
BTW- the owners manual for my 700 says the weight limit for the "Luggage Box Lid" is 4.5 pounds. I assume it is the same for the 750?

Here's what I did last year. On another thread someone suggested cutting a couple of slits on each side of the bag and then passing through some webbing straps that you can then cut to the appropriate length. They had pictures etc. should try and find that thread! I'm probably going to add that to this set up, although I used this set up for a the MSTA weekend last year and it worked really well for me.

Dissembling frunk cover to add magnets?

Yes Fez, Jangermann really came through with this one. I got mine a few weeks ago and it is the best thought out Tank bag I ever had.

Anybody else out there looking for a bag for a slotted frunk NC, buy this bag.
Thanks again.

I had been searching for a bag that could maybe be altered to fit with straps, but the EA116 looks to be a cleaner fit, though I do wish the bag (and harness) could be locked to the frunk cover.
It seemed to be sold out at every place I was comfortable buying from.
I am hesitant to buy from some of the overseas places online, so will wait until it's available from one of the USA sites.

Mine was a b'day present from my parents, who live in England 1/2 the year and the USA 1/2 the year. I had sent them a link to a fairly decent priced UK website and then they brought it with them!

As for the lock, not much I think you could do with the bare mounting pad, but for when the bag is attached you could probably use a luggage type locking cable such as this one Pacsafe Wrapsafe Anti-Theft Adjustable Cable Lock, Steel; or just get a locking wire and add your own lock. They have varying thickness wires so like this 3mm one, this 5mm one seems a bit more like! And if you're even more concerned, you can always put the bag in a steel mesh bag like this one!! Of course, it's also a very reasonable size and with only 4 clips you can just as easily take it with you. The base pad is pretty minimal so it doesn't scream out "steal me".

Just wondering (and they should have had a video of this)- will the bag fit inside the frunk?
For when you're off the bike.

Haven't actually tried that as my frunk is already quite full (mesh shower caddy with my tool roll, kick stand disk, waterproof liners, gloves etc.). The Givi bag is also expandable and I don't think it would fit fully expanded and full. But if you don't have it expanded I think it might fit!

Hepco & Becker's German website shows a simple clamp on adapter that attaches to the slots on the top of the Frunk. Their original design has the magnets aligned on either side of a traditional fuel tank's filler cap. Since we don't have a traditional tank on the NC700/750x they came up with the adapter that clamps onto the slots. Their magnetic tank bag system then magnetically locks onto the adapter.

IF I ever get a tank bag this system will probably be what I buy. I like the fact that their tank bags have a carry handle that allows you to remove the tank bag & reinstall it, apparently in seconds. Some of the bags are sized so that you can carry them with you if you park the bike for lunch or a stop. It would be convenient to take the bag with you so you don't have to remove valuables and stuff them in your pockets while you are in a travel stop, etc.

I have no ties to this company other than as a customer because I have H&B Gobi panniers and a top case for my NC750x. I just think its a very innovative system, doesn't look like it will damage the painted surface of the Frunk by having straps rubbing against the paint surface, etc.

Tankring Lock-it Honda NC 750 X / 2016-> - NC 750 X / DCT (2014-) - HONDA - Mein Bike There is a PDF file link on the product page that shows how it clamps to the Frunk's rails, the file is in German & English.

506974_00_09_tankring_shop.jpg

Here is a link to their line of Tank Bags that work with the magnetic mount (from their German site) => Seite nicht gefunden

YouTube video of their tank bag system. It interesting in that it is quick on/off and (apparently) secured only by magnetic force.

[video=youtube;Z-qa0IYfA4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qa0IYfA4M[/video]

Last edited:
Back