• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tank Panniers??

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
I am sure I am late asking this question and it's been discussed here many times... but is anyone using Tank panniers?

I was just thinking they might be a nice alternative to a tank bag and hold the frunk lid down in the wind when you have your legs stretched out on those highway pegs and all the air is following your legs up to catch the frunk lid and flip it open right in your face.

I normally use a small tank bag with suction cups but lately I have been enjoying riding without the bag right there in front of me.

I suppose they might even be useful if you are using a tank bag to help hold it in place? Hadn't really thought about that before.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing of anyone's experiences using tank panniers on the NCX. Especially smaller ones.

(I know we don't call them panniers in the US usually, but I don't know what else to call them)

I am speaking of the two small(ish) bags that hang over each side of the tank (or frunk in our case)

panniers.jpg

Last edited:
i've mentioned them here a number of times as an alternative to huge tank bags. if i needed the extra space i'd use them and keep my choice of rear panniers more slender. though i'd keep the frunk lid free to open and just use its latch if i worried about inadvertent opening ; }

I do like moose ATV products. Have used their ATV products a few times on motorcycles. Usually a lot cheaper than the same product for motorcycles.

Doctor Zed (don't know if he's on this forum) pic from ADVrider.com thread on the Colorado CannonTrek with Wolfman tank panniers -- thanks to the frunk and some sense about what to bring, his gear load looked very compact:

CTCO%20009-L.jpg

CTCO%20172-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I have some Mad Dog front panniers I got at Walmart for $10 that use that same "around the gas cap adjustable strapping device" at the top. I was going to try them on my WR250R but they have no real secure way of strapping the bottom, just adhesive velcro strips that mate with velcro on the bags. The Mooses look like they might have been designed the same way. Just not secure enough even for highway use to my thinking, but the bags will work for auxiliary bags on something else.

...I like the way Dr Zed strapped his Wolfmans way forward.

Found another version a little bigger... the straps look like they could be adjustable to lower or raise them higher... I'm thinking there has to be a way to secure them somewhere even if it is zipties...

Moose2.jpg

My mind is working now... you might see some pics in a few weeks of these on an NCX... LOL

Back