• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TBR muffler repack

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is no step by step, I have never been one to do a good step by step. However I wanted to show anyone that is interested like I was about how harsh the NC is to muffler packing. Two Brothers recommends to repack every 5,000 miles. This carbon muffler had 11,000 miles on it when I removed it. It appears to me we can go at least twice that on a pack. The NC has hardly worn the TBR packing in the 11,000 miles used. Repack was extremely easy, fortunately it's gunna be probably 30,000 miles before I do it again.
a8ara7uj.jpg

5ejuzase.jpg

e9uvyqeb.jpg

I imagine this has everything to do with the exhaust ports going from two to one inside of the head and placement of the cat right there at the head. That and the immaculate fueling Honda has provided Makes for very clean exhaust. I had gone for a ride a few months back with my boss (GSXR1000 heavily modded) and my co worker (Harley straight pipes, air cooled) and riding behind them was the most disgusting smell... they didn't smell a thing when I was in front =)

I gotta do that to the muffler on my WR pretty soon, it's starting to sound a little ratty and obnoxious. If it passes sound test this weekend I'll be surprised.

For anyone that might be interested I am considering selling the freshly packed two brothers slip on I have. All offers will be considered just pm me. Thanks!

Back