• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tell me about your turn signals

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if, with a little community collaboration, we could figure out the spec difference between an Australian spec bike and a US spec bike?

I quite like the look of the front turn signals being used as running lights, this is something the Australian models don't have:
nc700-fr.pngnc750.jpgAADXZEIW5BD7FJELHXT5OLAOQM.jpg

But I don't know exactly how it works. On my australian 700s, the turn signals are single filament bulbs that are normally off. They don't interact with the headlight at all. Can someone with a US bike tell me how your front lights work? I'm guessing it's a dual filament bulb, and probably a different part number for the flasher relay. The wiring harness is probably doesn't change between the bikes.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, on ours we have dual filament 1157 bulbs, and sockets to fit. You would need to power the dimmer filament from switched power. What we call parking lights on cars, the dim light switches off when the turn signal is on. The turn signal switch might control part of this function also. A USA specific wiring diagram might be helpful too.
I use led switch back bulbs in mine with clear lenses. They are white, then flash amber.

Echoing what T S N said above, the signal lamps up front are dual filament bulbs. The dimmer “running light“ filament is powered anytime the bike is on, except when the turn signal is flashing. Power is cut to the running light when the turn signal is on to give a more distinct on-off visual effect with the signal flashing.

Also, like T S N, I converted mine to LED lamps and clear lenses with white running lights that switch to amber for the turn signal.

There seem to be a very high number of variations in the wiring harnesses of the NC. I’d guess the harness varies from region to region, and even within the USA model, the wiring harness can change from year to year. I suggest you consult a wiring schematic for your exact model and year and see if there are perhaps unused wires for the running light function on Australian models.

Here is the post I made about changing over to “switchback” LED front turn signals. https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/switchback-led-front-turn-signals.12358/

Last edited:
Back