• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Temps raising today... breaking out the bike again

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Woohoo! The hot looking weather bunny on WGN TV says that the temperatures here in the Chicago area are breaking out of the mid-upper 30s (F) and going to hit 50 (F) this afternoon.

Been itching to get back outside on the bikes as its too early to put them to bed for the winter. We've had unseasonably cold weather, averaging 15 to 20 degrees below our normal temps. No heated gear, my minimum riding temperature is about 50 degrees. Maybe a little lower if it is really sunny.

Looking forward to a nice leisurely ride, hopefully with my wife on her bike too.

Anyone else getting a break in your weather and planning for another ride before winter hibernation?

Rain is forecast for this afternoon here, but Saturday looks like a great day, so ya, hoping to get out.

Being in the Midwest, I don’t officially put the fuel injected bikes away for the winter. The weather varies so much you never know when good days will come along.

It’s been iffy here in the “Sunny South”, with some really ( for us) cold wealthier, but looks like it might be temperate enough on Sunday to take one of the two wheelers out. Time to change the oil in the ST1300, so it’ll likely get to go for a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Hi, first post!)
I've been waiting for this weekend since it's milder temps first showed on the 14-day forecast! I have fuel stabilizer in but will ride this weekend and even the odd winter day. I'm in Canada but across the river from Detroit so I agree with 670cc, above. I'm hoping to take my first ever ride on an NC700 tomorrow at a dealer in Detroit if the rain lets up/they let me. (This forum has been part of my research process...thank you...and I joined just now to reply.)

60 f. here today (15.5 c) after a couple of cold weeks, so I had to ride, even with all the football to watch.
I updated the tag in the 700 forum, rode up Route 66, then back home on some twisties. Falling to about freezing tomorrow afternoon.

Back