• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Test rode a Zero

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
It was the "sport" model, the SR, but the adv version is just different tires and shocks.

Awesome torque! It is hard to put in words how fast this thing accelerates.
It also feels a little weird to be on something going so fast that is so quiet. You can really hear everything around you.

To me it seems like a well made bike, Showa etc.

Slightly small for me at 6'3".

I decided not to interrupt the salesman as he went on and on about how "you will adjust quickly to the absence of a clutch." Yes, I think I can handle that part of it.

I have ridden them as well. They're quite the experience! i opened the throttle :confused: as far as i could and could not tell i was riding almost double the speed limit! Quite amazing how in tune we get to listening to our motors and guesstimating our speed. When there is an absence of engine noise i had no idea i was going 60+, besides the wind on my helmet/chest. At a range of "100 miles at highway speeds" its actually quite an impressive machine; in town they claim "200 stop and go". I like them and may considering owning one farther in the future. For me however i would rather stick to my trusty NC, for now, so i can fill it up when that trusty gauge that tells us how much farther we can go is empty.

I loved the Zero i test rode. Sleak, fast, quiet. No vibration. I hope within 5 years they can get to a model that goes 300 miles on a charge and costs less than $10k.

Last edited:
To me what they really need is fast charging (30 min or less) from standard outlets ... that will be the break through. Otherwise it will just be a commuter bike that you have to plug in at home every night. Even Zero's "fast charger" says it take 2-3 hours. That would make trips difficult. I love the move to electric vehicles, but there is still the box in the design flow chart that says "insert new technology breakthrough here"

Back