• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Testing socket / OBD2 port / codes

Marek.Filip

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy New Year to All,

My ABS stopped working correctly and I was advised to use the code options that can be read from the dashboard to determine what part is faulty . The problem that I have is I can not locate where is the socket in which I plug the diagnostic tool . I looked at the pictures on the internet and there should be a red socket somewhere above the battery. I don't see it on my bike. Maybe someone has an idea where mine hid? Photos attached.
Regards.

Did you ask on the UK forum? They will have a lot more S riders. The updated 2016 750S version definitely has the OBD2 port in red next to the top left of the battery looking forward.

If it’s the same connector and battery compartment as the X model it looks nothing like an OBD connector. It’s fairly small it’s the only one in that area of the left side of battery.

Happy New Year to All,

My ABS stopped working correctly and I was advised to use the code options that can be read from the dashboard to determine what part is faulty . The problem that I have is I can not locate where is the socket in which I plug the diagnostic tool . I looked at the pictures on the internet and there should be a red socket somewhere above the battery. I don't see it on my bike. Maybe someone has an idea where mine hid? Photos attached.
Regards.

The photos did not display in the first post. I’m guessing you’re looking for the DLC, Data Link Connector. An illustration I found shows the NC700S DLC as a square connector to the right of center above the battery, near the #1 ignition coil. As always, obtaining one’s own copy of the Honda service manual offers the best way to obtaining troubleshooting information.

I'd start with the Honda service manual and the 2 available Tools described in the ABS section.
I have this 1 but have not needed it......yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Happy New Year to All,

Regards.
This thread prompted me to find the diagnostic connector on my 2022 NC750x DCT model and it was easily found as the red plugged connector by the side of the battery, easily reached by removing the four push pins to the cover plate at the rear of the frunk. However, having found it, and slipped it off the metal retaining tang, I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the cover from this plug. I see there are two plastic tangs either side of the cover which look like they should be squeezed in to pull off the cover, but there must be a knack to this, since I found it impossible and gave up before breaking anything. I also saw on Amazon that you can buy a $20 adapator to connect this Honda port to any car OBD reader, but if I can't get the cover off.... Sorry to be such a hopeless specimen, but can someone clue me in to the secret of removing the cover.

You don’t so much pull the cover off as push the red connector backwards. The “cover” is a fixed plastic moulding. It doesn’t move.

Back