• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tewster becomes NC750X fan.

gaknc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone follows ADVRIDER, Tewster Traveling Circus is big ride poster. He has decided for next years ride, he's building NC750X. You can follow his built on ADVRider. Seems everyone there is stoked, something we here have been for awhile. He started with GS1200 then Yamaha 250, this past trip was Suzuki DR650, all to Alaska. That might be Adventure Riderewsters Traveling Circus Alaska 2018 (the ride)
Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, May 18, 2018.

Last edited:
Lots of deja vu in that ADV thread, reinventing the wheel and what not but the old NCX threads over there are hundreds of pages long, who wants to read them all?

Fresh eyes, new ideas, all good.

gaknc700x - do you know what page of the ride report he mentions it, the report is really long? I just recently watched his video's of his 2016 and 2017 trips. I learned about him with Rapturee's post on this forum where he met up and rode the day with him a few weeks ago as he crossed into Idaho from Canada. I wonder if Rapturee gets credit for converting him to an NCx.

I followed Tewster's Ride Reports on ADV the past 2 years.......very good reads. He states his NC750X will be "street oriented", not built for Alaska Duties. He also stated his camping days on his bikes are over, so don't expect him to build a 750 for that purpose either. He's very witty and a good narrator on his RR's.........

I used his video series ( Coffee and New Friends one 250cc explosion at a time) of his trip to Colorado/Utah on his WR to model my trip. He does have an interesting wit.

LOL, he is no different in person! That was a great day and i enjoyed meeting him and making a new friend for life! I started thinking about an Alaskan trip on a motorcycle years ago and then again pretty seriously this last winter and found his videos series on the Tiny Bike to Alaska and loved it, my kids and i have watched all of his since. great times! He started a build thread for his NC750. :{)

I been following him since he did the GS1200 rides and really liked his wr250. Ran into him at a HU meeting at Stecoh,NC, it wasn't until I got home did I realize it was Tewster.

This may be unorthodox, maybe even heresy, but I added a Honda luggage rack and Honda top case to the Touratech panniers. I’m planning to ride from here in Massachusetts out to visit my son in California and back this fall, and I think I’ll need the added space. Riding around town, I don’t use the panniers, so I wanted the option of just running with the OEM Honda top case.ED9FD72E-D5CA-470F-B9EF-AB5641F78F1A.jpg

Your opinion is the most important! Do what you want!

I think a top case is great. I prefer to not have side bags when not needed.

JT

Side cases are a big drag on fuel economy, so running a top case only, when the panniers are not needed makes perfect sense.

Good luck on your cross country trip! That’s a respectable challenge. I hope the seat on that bike is a good one.

Side cases are a big drag on fuel economy, so running a top case only, when the panniers are not needed makes perfect sense.

Good luck on your cross country trip! That’s a respectable challenge. I hope the seat on that bike is a good one.

I’m actually averaging the same mpg as before I put on the tusks. I was expecting it to go down, but it’s staying the same. I was pleasantly surprised!

This may be unorthodox, maybe even heresy, but I added a Honda luggage rack and Honda top case to the Touratech panniers. I’m planning to ride from here in Massachusetts out to visit my son in California and back this fall.

Good for you Brian, make sure you let us all know when you are getting ready to leave so we can follow along and possibly meet up with you along your route. Who knows, during that time of year and the high temps you just may want to come straight across I-90(through Montana Yellowstone, Tetons, Glacier Nat Park, Idaho and then down the coast).. you know, just sayin' :{)

Back