• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To That darn pointy seat

I know everyone's butt is a little different, but I just want to share my experience.
When I got my bike I knew I would have to do something about the forward seat slope.
I started with the cheap route (raising the front of the seat with a Mcgyvered bracket and longer bump stops) for a grand total of $8 CAD).
It worked wonders, and even made the stock seat feel softer.
I have no problem putting in 2 hours straight on the seat and when getting off, my butt and back felt just as good as they did when I got off my Goldwing after 2 hours.
Of course YBMMV (your butt mileage may vary).

I know everyone's butt is a little different, but I just want to share my experience.
When I got my bike I knew I would have to do something about the forward seat slope.
I started with the cheap route (raising the front of the seat with a Mcgyvered bracket and longer bump stops) for a grand total of $8 CAD).
It worked wonders, and even made the stock seat feel softer.
I have no problem putting in 2 hours straight on the seat and when getting off, my butt and back felt just as good as they did when I got off my Goldwing after 2 hours.
Of course YBMMV (your butt mileage may vary).
Agreed that everyone’s butt is different, along with their ride time needs. I judge how the butt comfort is after riding 5 consecutive long days as a measure of seat comfort.

Last edited:
Agreed that everyone’s butt is different, along with their ride time needs. I judge how the butt comfort is after riding 5 consecutive long days as a measure of seat comfort.
You are correct, I was expecting to replace the seat when I bought mine, but it doesn't seem to bad to me. I can ride 100 miles without stopping, but then after the break 100 miles again would be difficult. When I bought my 2018 the salesman told me he thought the seat had been upgraded when the 700 went to a 750. My 2016 Versys 1000LT was 50 miles max, so I put a Corbin on it and that made it comfortable.

I put a Russell Sport Saddle on mine. I've had Russell Day Long seats on my last 3 bikes, I like them a lot! The Sport Saddle does not have the spring bar support that the Day Long has so they sit at about the same height as the stock seat. It is a very comfortable seat for my butt.

I put a Russell Sport Saddle on mine. I've had Russell Day Long seats on my last 3 bikes, I like them a lot! The Sport Saddle does not have the spring bar support that the Day Long has so they sit at about the same height as the stock seat. It is a very comfortable seat for my butt.
I don't see one shown on their website, picture of yours?

I have a short inseam - 26.5" - so I had already shortened the suspension on the bike prior to installing the Sport Seat. I sit normally with it and can put my feet down at stops. I may slide forward a bit prior to a stop, I actually do not know if I do this, if so it's automatic for me so will have to pay attention next time I'm out to know for sure. as far as standing goes, I can stand on the pegs. My riding is on pavement and maintained dirt roads so I don't do a lot of standing. There is room where the seat narrows for me to stand. I can ride for hours without my butt complaining. For me it's a great seat.

Back