• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

That helmet hook thing...

Lomunchi

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks, I couldn't get the helmet hook thing to work with my FF helmet. If it works for you can you post a picture?
If you've found a different 'after market' solution to hang your helmet on, let me know.
My helmet doesn't fit in the frunk. It's an extra large modular with built in sun visor so it's a bit bigger than most.

Thanks

Are you using the little wire thing that came in the tool kit?

I use a Helmet Guardian which will lock 2 helmets and bolts on under the license plate.

Last edited:
Are you using the little wire thing that came in the tool kit?

I use a Helmet Guardian which will lock 2 helmets and bolts on under the license plate.

Yep, I was trying with the wire thingy. I couldn't get the seat closed with the helmet on the hook.

I like your option. I'll look into it.

Thanks, I'm loving this forum!

The simplest solution for me was to replace the itty-bitty stock wire loop with a longer bit of wire rope, which I already had on hand. It's maybe 1-1/2 to 2 feet long and has small loops on each end, each roughly an inch or so in diameter. You could make up something like this if you have the ability to crimp wire ferrules. Alternatively, I think I've seen something like this in the padlock sections of Home Depot etc. in a separate bubble pack.

Since I use a full-face helmet, I just thread the wire around the chin bar with the visor cracked and loop both ends over the under-seat hook. When not in use, the wire coils up neatly and stows under the seat.

I bought mine used and never got the helmet cable. My helmet fit in the frunk so it wasn't an issue. When I started bringing my spouse on an occasional ride I got a disc lock cable reminder to secure her helmet. Her helmet just happens to also have a ratchet strap. I would connect the ratchet strap and loop it around the grab rails. I would loop cable through the visor. Photo to replace the thousand words...

Attachments

• Carrie's helmet locked.jpg
    Carrie's helmet locked.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thanks, folks. I ordered one of those T things for my Nolan. It should give me enough extension to use the short wire. If it doesn't I'll use one of the other solutions provided.

Thanks, folks. I ordered one of those T things for my Nolan. It should give me enough extension to use the short wire. If it doesn't I'll use one of the other solutions provided.
The wife and I use the T-shaped extenders 100% of the time when locking our helmets to our Goldwing. I hope it solves your problem.

On the NC, I use one of the locks you see in post #2. I use the lock only, not the license plate bracket, and I have it attached to the NC luggage rack frame above the chainguard. This is more in the style of what stock helmet locks were like in the past, before the manufacturers cheaped out on helmet locks. Even my ‘07 Honda scooter has a better helmet lock than the NC.

989FFCCE-26FC-4C44-9363-7E8870F15EED.jpeg

Last edited:
How are you having trouble? I've hooked up two helmets at once with the stock loop doohickey without much issue

Back